What's up the media praising Vick's 3 TDs? (1 Viewer)

I know. They're acting like Drew Bledsoe ran for 100 yards in a game...

It's like this.

Everyone else in the league needs X accomplishments to be considered great and get media hype.

Vick needs 1/16 of X accomplishments to get the same praise from the media to be considered great. I mean, some QB's need to win a superbowl and have multiple good seasons in a ROW to be considered great QB's.

3 decent games and the media has already cast their ballots for the HOF. I mean, Vick had a good game against Cincy, no doubt. But his performace has been matched by 12 different QB's in multiple occasions this year. The performance BY ITSELF wasn't anything above and beyond anything McNabb, Peyton, Eli, Drew Brees, Brady, Huard, Rivers, Bulger, Palmer, or even Rothlesberger has done this year.

However, the difference is it was Vick. Anyone else, and the performance over the last 2 games isn't mentioned like it is now. And that is the truth.

Take the Pitt and Cincy games of Vick. Brees would have to have those games for 2 years straight to get media hype like Vick gets. But 2 games worth and Vick gets the media hype worthy of a SB champ. I don't get it.

It's like this.

Everyone else in the league needs X accomplishments to be considered great and get media hype.

Vick needs 1/16 of X accomplishments to get the same praise from the media to be considered great. I mean, some QB's need to win a superbowl and have multiple good seasons in a ROW to be considered great QB's.

3 decent games and the media has already cast their ballots for the HOF. I mean, Vick had a good game against Cincy, no doubt. But his performace has been matched by 12 different QB's in multiple occasions this year. The performance BY ITSELF wasn't anything above and beyond anything McNabb, Peyton, Eli, Drew Brees, Brady, Huard, Rivers, Bulger, Palmer, or even Rothlesberger has done this year.

However, the difference is it was Vick. Anyone else, and the performance over the last 2 games isn't mentioned like it is now. And that is the truth.

Take the Pitt and Cincy games of Vick. Brees would have to have those games for 2 years straight to get media hype like Vick gets. But 2 games worth and Vick gets the media hype worthy of a SB champ. I don't get it.

2 good games...not 3. 3 games ago he got ate alive by the Giants.

The problem isn't the media's man crush on Vick necessarily, its just the media themselves. We live in an age where every sports news outlet needs to find a hook to get you to watch their pre/post game shows. To go to their websites to get your NFL news. To stir up the most controversy. Why in the hell else does Michael Irvin have a job?? How does someone with ZERO broadcast experience (Tony Kornheiser) end up in the booth on MONDAY NIGHTS of all nights?? It's cause they are controversial. They'll say things that people want to hear, whether they believe it themselves or not. It's like watching a trainwreck, you don't want to see it, but you can't turn away.

So with Vick, when he has a bad game or two, its the end of Vick as a quarterback. When he has a good game, he's a Hall of Famer. Same with teams too. Take Baltimore for example (not using them cause they just beat us either). When they started the season 4-0, these experts couldn't get enough of the Ravens. They were back to their SUPERBOWL WINNING form. Even though they had only won one game convincingly, and had two games basically given to them (Charlie Fry and Martyball). The 'experts' didn't want to worry about that. They were 4-0, the greatest thing since sliced bread. They lose two games, and now they wont even make the playoffs. They have one good game, and they are back to the Superbowl again.

The Bears are another example. Who have they beaten? A Shaun Alexanderless Seahawks team. A semi-good Vikings team, barely. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but you cant listen to any talk about them without the '1985 Chicago Bears' or 'monsters of the midway' or '16-0' come up. Please. They were talking about that in week 2! Why bring that up? No team will ever be as dominant as the '85 Bears. Would the '85 Bears be manhandled by a rookie quarterback, dominated by the 23rd ranked defence, and needing a miracle to win against a now 1-7 team? I highly doubt it.

I wish some of these media guys would just relax a little bit. Every win is not as big as it seems. Every loss is not as devastating. Players have good and bad games all the time, it doesnt mean that they are the worst at their position one week, then the best ever the next. But these guys need to fill the 2-3 hours each week, and you can only talk about T.O. for half that time, and who wants to see them actually break down a game, use their 'expertise' as former players/coaches to show why things happened during a game, or why they will in a future contest. Nobody wants to see that I guess. They just want to hear whos in Michaels Irvins top five this week, even though the season isnt half over yet. People want to hear Deion Sanders gush about mini Prime Time DeAngelo Hall. And don't get me started on their ridiculous love affair with STEVE SMITH. I am sick of it honestly, so much so in fact, that I may only watch the games now and not even bother with the pre/post game shows, the NFL Network all week, or the internet.

I'm talking specifically calling those TD throws amazing, great, flawless, etc...
The media "experts'" don't listen to themselves. If they did, they'd realize how ridiculous they sound for gushing about a QB DOING THE JOB HE WAS HIRED TO DO, throwing a football to a guy down the field who sometimes catches it.

A td pass is a td pass. And the one to Jenkins you are talking about was thrown high b/c when he threw it, the defender was still standing, even if he wouldn't have fell, he couldn't have intercepted it, it was placed in the right spot. It was a great play b/c Vick bought so much time, moved around then rolled out, drew the defenders toward him b/c of the threat to run, then threw it over their head. Plus Vick made great passes ALL game.

lol it's funny y'all say they weren't great passes (because it's Vick), but Brady and Manning throw those PA 1 yd TD passes EVERY week, when they could easily just run the ball in. Last weeks performance by Peyton was great b/c he threw 3 td's in one quarter, but noone seemed to mention that two of them were 1 yd TD passes to a wide open Marvin..

Praising Vick for throwing 3 TDs is like praising a retard for tying their shoe by themself.

Vick is special remember. :_rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom