Whats up with all the fear playing the Eagles? (1 Viewer)

OK, but the team we saw against the Panthers two weekends ago was a shadow on a cloudy day of the team that beat the Eagles by 41 points. Granted, the offense was resting starters, but the defense took a major step backward. That plus the fact the Eagles are on a roll right now (they beat the Rams to get here right?) and the injuries on the OL still make me very nervous. Which team shows up, week 11 or week 13?

OK, but the team we saw against the Panthers two weekends ago was a shadow on a cloudy day of the team that beat the Eagles by 41 points. Granted, the offense was resting starters, but the defense took a major step backward. That plus the fact the Eagles are on a roll right now (they beat the Rams to get here right?) and the injuries on the OL still make me very nervous. Which team shows up, week 11 or week 13?
The defense that showed up against the Panthers, showed up with the same mentality of HS kids on the last day of school. No one wanted to be there. They were ready for rest and getting ready for the playoffs.

I do get the sentiment here, but its probably worth keeping in mind how awful Wentz was in that game. It was by far the lowest-rated game of his career so far (31.9 QB rating with his second lowest being 52.4 vs. Vikings his rookie year). The Saints D definitely deserves a lot of credit for this performance, but there's a good chance Wentz was already compromised by the injury that ended his season.

Of all the things about that regular season game that we are least likely to replicate, I'd say forcing Foles into a <50 QB rating game has to be No. 1 on the list. I think the matchup advantages elsewhere that we saw all over the field still exist though.

I'm confident ,but concerned. This eagles O-line is no joke. They held Aaron Donald, JJ Watt,and Kalil Mack to zero sacks
combined. That's not a fluke. They are healthy now. Foles was only hit 3 times during that stretch. I hope I'm wrong,but I
believe those fans expecting a 5-6 sack game are not being honest with themselves. Imo, this game will come down to
our coverage,and our 0-line protecting Brees long enough to expose those average Eagles Cb's.

how is Foles an unknown? this isnt his first game. plenty of tape this and last year. everyone knows his tendencies...

I'm confident ,but concerned. This eagles O-line is no joke. They held Aaron Donald, JJ Watt,and Kalil Mack to zero sacks
combined. That's not a fluke. They are healthy now. Foles was only hit 3 times during that stretch. I hope I'm wrong,but I
believe those fans expecting a 5-6 sack game are not being honest with themselves. Imo, this game will come down to
our coverage,and our 0-line protecting Brees long enough to expose those average Eagles Cb's.
Their O-Line is what concerns me, as well. Theirs got healthy and ours got injured.

The Eagles secondary is still victim to what ailed them when the Saints played them the first time.

In yesterdays game against the Bears with what was supposed to be the Bears achilles heel (Mitch Trubisky) the Bears had 5 completions of over 20 yards including a 28 yarder on the last drive that resulted in the failed field goal attempt.

The Eagles pass rush didn't exactly terrorize Trubisky so if the Saints Oline can give Brees some time then he should be able to do his thing and make some throws down the field to take advantage of the 30th ranked pass defense with a pretty weak secondary.
Also, keep in mind, when we played them, that game was do or die for them. No one expected minny to completely collapse like they did in the end, so when they played us, they played the hardest they could play when they had everything to play for and we still beat them by 41. Compare that to the Steelers who were in the same boat and fought a tough match to us. We beat the eagles so badly when that game at that time meant everything to their season that they won’t psychologically recover from it and even if they did, it wouldn’t matter since as I said and as we showed, they can’t stop our offense at all.

The Buffalo Bills could be our opponent & people (Including me) would still be freaking out. It's not so much that the Eagles are a "Great team" per say. It's just that Saints fans have been use to expecting the worst.
Yes, but we all have seen and witnessed the mountain top watching them lift the Lombardi trophy. Not many teams after a generation of football, has had that glorious experience.

I love the Foles story and I am a big fan of Doug Pederson but this is absolutely the best matchup for the Saints. We still have to play well and can’t make stupid mistakes but we have the opportunity to win this game big. If we do then we can get some of our swagger back which should translate into momentum for the NFCCG and Super Bowl.

The Foles-led Eagles are very capable of making a number of time consuming drives, converting a bunch of third downs along the way. That could limit Saints possessions and keep the game competitive late. Pass rush and LB coverage will be keys to stopping those Eaglecthird downs.
We can’t let them control the clock against us. If they do then I can’t see us winning. We need to come out with an opening pair of touchdowns.

I agree and we will. But as you know, matchups are very important and they match up terribly against us in almost every important area. It was not a fluke why we beat them so badly meaning us on offense against their defense.

Matchups are very important.

Can you please break down all the terrible matchups?

I only see one and that’s our passing game against their secondary.

If the Saints and Brees can start with their best game, I don't think the Eagles best game will prevail. Otoh, fans can content themselves with visions of '4- burgers', it's allowed...heh

Nate Burleson picked against us on GMFB
That means we should win ?

Dont get caught in those media rumble.
They HAVE to make a story out of Foles. Its their job.

What should they report instead? That its gonna be the most boring game this year?
The press can’t. So they hype the eagles.

I dont fear an opponent who lost by 41 points in our first matchup and barely made the divisional round by a missed FG with ridiculous 16 points on the bord

Matchups are very important.

Can you please break down all the terrible matchups?

I only see one and that’s our passing game against their secondary.

Yeah I'm not sure what he's talking about.

If we are looking at lately then:

1. Their O-line could neutralize our pass rush
2. Nick Foles attacks the field deep and will test our secondary which is also a weakness for us.
3. Eagles secondary is bad and we should be able to exploit it.
4. Eagles been decent vs the run lately.

So yeah the match up seems closer than what he's saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom