Whats up with all the fear playing the Eagles? (2 Viewers)

What changed from the cowboys game on?
So I can understand apprehension playing a team again, the only team, that has beaten us. But we aren't playing that team this weekend. What I can't comprehend is apprehension playing a team meaning the Eagles that we beat so badly that we could have put our second stringers in the second quarter and still won. Its all about matchups and the truth of the matter is that the Eagles match up horribly against us and is why Brees had and will have another field day along with Ingram and Kamara.

I kinda wanted the tougher matchup with Dallas because if we'd beaten them then I think it would be a big confidence builder that could very well take us to the Superbowl. But other than that I think we've got the best matchup we could ask for. I don't have fear playing the Eagles, but I know every game at this point is going to be a dog fight. This won't be the same team we faced before, but I do think they're our best chance at advancing.

It's just angst over:

1) whether or not we are healthy up front
2) last couple of games, with secondary getting torched and the downfield passing game being where Foles has had success in these playoff runs
3) Playoffs tend to be wild, tightly played games

I kind of preferred the matchup with Dallas at home, assuming we are close to healthy on the OL. I think we would show better against the Dallas D this time and I don't fear the Dallas offense at all, particularly in the Dome.

Philly with Foles if they play well has the potential to put up points and make the game up for grabs in the 4th quarter.

But, really, whoever you play in the playoffs, you have to be ready for 60 minutes of intensity.

Last edited:
We gonna smash them again and it won't be close. They didn't deserve it last year and they deserve it even less this year. I'm also tired of the run the score up thread and talk. So what if we did....do something about it. They're getting smashed sunday and their trashy fans will cry like babies.

If you’re a long-time Saints fan...

That’s why.

That’s exactly where the fear comes from. But I have no fear. I’ve been to the mountain top. And I have seen the promised land. I have no fear. Like anybody I’d like 2 or 3 or 4 but it really doesn’t matter to me now.

Channeling my inner MLK. We gonna win it all. Relax

The eagles werent able to exploit our o-line the first time nor will they be able to this time. If you go back and look at our game against the eagles, you can see Brees had time to throw and our running backs were able to run wild on them. I honestly cannot think of another team this year that beat another team as badly as we did to the Eagles and besides foles and sproles, it is the exact same team coming into the dome again and foles and sproles don't play defense.
Lets really analyze how great foles has been on his mini run this year. When he came in, they played the redskins twice, the rams, texans and Chicago in the playoffs. With the redskins, they were playing their third stringer who 5 weeks ago was couch surfing before getting a call to play in the NFL. Those games against the Redskins twice were a joke. Against the Rams, the Rams have been on a downward spiral one reason losing cooper but also the bigger reason is teams have figured out if you put pressure on Goth, he will fold like yesterday's newspaper. The eagles defense that is good is their front four and thats it. Against average qbs like Goth and Trubisky, that is enough for them to not play well. Goth was never able to take advantage of their weak secondary and average linebackers. against a good or great qb, meaning like Brees who is great, are able to shred the Eagles defense to pieces. What we also learned is that the great Chicago defense is not so great which I have stated before since in important games, they gave up over 30 points to both miami and the Giants and it showed in their inability to stop foles on that last drive including a fourth down play. and it wasn't like in these games, Foles lit it up. He had two ints in the Chicago game.

I live in Eagle territory. I am not afraid of our team beating them. I am just tired of hearing about Saint Nick and how there will be a Nictory (no not misspelled) in New Orleans. Stations here talking about revenge for the game this year. One station has a package here, a road trip to New Orleans (wish I could go but I cannot afford it).

Last edited:
I live in Eagle territory. I am not afraid of our team beating them. I am just tired of hearing about Saint Nick and how there will be a Nictory (no not misspelled) in New Orleans. Stations here talking about revenge for the game this year. One station has a package here a road trip to New Orleans (wish I could go but I cannot afford it).
Revenge only works if you lost a close game. When you get beat down so badly by 41 points, all the bulletin points won't help them from losing bigtime again. So they can motivate themselves all they want to, but deep down inside, they know they aren't coming into the dome and beating us.

I live in Eagle territory. I am not afraid of our team beating them. I am just tired of hearing about Saint Nick and how there will be a Nictory (no not misspelled) in New Orleans. Stations here talking about revenge for the game this year. One station has a package here a road trip to New Orleans (wish I could go but I cannot afford it).
The exact same defense coming into the dome had every motivation to try to stop us when we kept piling on the points and couldn't do it. They won't be able to again.

What makes me a little nervous is they have some nice offensive weapons. Jeffrey, Tatle aka the Saint Killer, Ertz, Goedert. They could potentially spread us out and really attack our secondary. With that said we can do the same to their secondary. Like most games whoever protects the QB the best will win this game. With that said, Foles had his year, this is our year!

The Eagles secondary is still victim to what ailed them when the Saints played them the first time.

In yesterdays game against the Bears with what was supposed to be the Bears achilles heel (Mitch Trubisky) the Bears had 5 completions of over 20 yards including a 28 yarder on the last drive that resulted in the failed field goal attempt.

The Eagles pass rush didn't exactly terrorize Trubisky so if the Saints Oline can give Brees some time then he should be able to do his thing and make some throws down the field to take advantage of the 30th ranked pass defense with a pretty weak secondary.

What makes me a little nervous is they have some nice offensive weapons. Jeffrey, Tatle aka the Saint Killer, Ertz, Goedert. They could potentially spread us out and really attack our secondary. With that said we can do the same to their secondary. Like most games whoever protects the QB the best will win this game. With that said, Foles had his year, this is our year!

well even last year, they had a lot of luck in the playoffs. Foles played horrible against the Falcons and if Ryan actually was even a little clutch, Falcons would have won that game and should have and ended the Eagles season already. Then the following week, they get to play MN who just won against us on that crazy bad miracle play. They did a study and it showed that teams that win a game in the last waning moments like when they shouldn't have won, comes out super flat the following week and almost always loses that game which MN did, came out flat the whole game. The game Foles did play well was against the pats in the superbowl so I give him credit there even though the pats had no defense that year. Even so, last year Eagles team had a potent running game which opened up the passing game for Foles and their secondary was very good as well as their front seven.

The Eagles secondary is still victim to what ailed them when the Saints played them the first time.

In yesterdays game against the Bears with what was supposed to be the Bears achilles heel (Mitch Trubisky) the Bears had 5 completions of over 20 yards including a 28 yarder on the last drive that resulted in the failed field goal attempt.

The Eagles pass rush didn't exactly terrorize Trubisky so if the Saints Oline can give Brees some time then he should be able to do his thing and make some throws down the field to take advantage of the 30th ranked pass defense with a pretty weak secondary.
exactly, thats been my point and Foles is not going to somehow will their terrible defensive players to suddenly play like urlacher or deion sanders as some have suggested that Foles elevates that team so everyone plays out of their minds all of a sudden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom