Whats up with all the fear playing the Eagles? (2 Viewers)

For most, I doubt it’s fear. More like caution. Everybody is good at this point, but if our boys avoid big mistakes and do their jobs, we should be in good shape. Leggo!
Also, not to bring really God into this but I read that some seem to think God is for whatever reason watching and protecting the foles led eagles team like he is some saint. Every team has players that believes in God. So God is not saying hey, this foles led team is my team of destiny because he happens to believe in God.

If the media wrote off the Eagles as destined to loose in a landslide, no one would tune in to watch outside of NOLA, so the media and broadcast companies have a vested interest to hype up the Eagles and point out the flaws in the Saints to make the game look competitive so that ratings are maximized.

Thats why the eagles are "not the same team" the saints destroyed in Nov.

Respect your opponent.

The Eagles are a talented Team with an up and coming Coach and QB, they can beat us if we aren't on our game and if we have to depend on M.Thomas in the passing game. I feel better going into this game because we have Ginn back and it balances out the offense because we aren't getting much production outside of M.Thomas in the passing game.

If our running backs come out with some grit the we should win this game easily.

Yeah, it’s been a real thrill all day long seeing 580 dorks in blazers on TV doing the whole phony brave “YOU KNOW GUYS NOBODY’S GIVING THE EAGLES A CHANCE WELL I AM” stuff today.

I've stayed away from all media sports related networks. I'm getting enough of the "FEARED Foles" nonsense right here on SR. I get it, Eagles are a better team with Foles, and I also believe it will be a tougher game this time around, but people act like Joe Montana is suiting up for the Eagles this Sunday.

The “Foles” factor is an unknown. Sproles being back is an unknown. Also, they are the defending champs so there’s no moment or venue that’s bigger than these guys. We are going to have to play our best and we haven’t been playing our best the past several weeks. The Eagles are playing their best ball right now.

I get why it’s nerve wracking.

We should be fine though but it’s a tough matchup.
We've already played and beaten a Foles-led Philadelphia team in the playoffs. We have film on him from several games this season and last season. He's not an unknown. Neither is Sproles, who for goodness sake used to play for Payton and who we also have plenty of film on. C'mon, man.

I think some people are convinced that their personal feelings or words about a game actually do have an effect on the outcome so they worry in order to offset the chances of that being the case.

The Foles-led Eagles are very capable of making a number of time consuming drives, converting a bunch of third downs along the way. That could limit Saints possessions and keep the game competitive late. Pass rush and LB coverage will be keys to stopping those Eaglecthird downs.

I'm also tired of hearing about Darren Sproles being some kind of game changer since he returned from injury. He was literally useless against the Bears. Smallwood made the most of the limited carries he got but Sproles got stopped for a short gain, if any, on the majority of his rushes. It looks like he's actually lost the step that made him the elusive back that he'd become known to be. I'll forever be grateful to him for his contributions when he was here, but he is who he is now and that's not the player he was two years ago (or even to start last season). He averaged 1.62 ypc against Chicago - 21 yards on 13 carries. And our run defense was just as good as theirs this year.

I don’t get it. They went into Chicago which is not as tough a place to play as here and won cause of a tipped field goal. It’s not like Foles was all that great in that game. He had 2 TDs and 2 picks with one being terrible in the endzone.

Their offense is a lot better than when we previously played them. But I much rather play a team in a possible shootout type scenario than a low scoring game where we have trouble running the ball like a possible rematch with Dallas. Our defense can get stops unlike most previous years when all games where consistent shootouts. If we do get down, we would have a much better shot coming back against that defense than any other of the wildcard teams.

Well, they are the World Champions until they're not, correct?
They were last game too were they not? The guys here are just jumpy the same as every game we play. The reality is your team just isn't as good as ours. Nothing wrong with that....just the way it is. We're the 1 seed for a reason and that reason is because we're good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom