Whats up with all the fear playing the Eagles? (2 Viewers)

What makes me a little nervous is they have some nice offensive weapons. Jeffrey, Tatle aka the Saint Killer, Ertz, Goedert. They could potentially spread us out and really attack our secondary. With that said we can do the same to their secondary. Like most games whoever protects the QB the best will win this game. With that said, Foles had his year, this is our year!

We just faced a better version of their weapons, played "meh" and still won......when we played Pittsburgh.

Comparisons:

Roethlisberger - Foles (Pitt)
WR's (Pitt)
Running backs (even)
OL (even)

Again, unless we're saying the "magic" is making a huge difference, why aren't we all confident in this upcoming game?

You don't get it? Do you even Saints, bro? We're one Brett Favre brainfart away from being the most tragic postseason team in NFL history. Nearly every playoff exit we have is by a flukey team who shouldn't scare us having a play nicknamed on their way to winning.

Beastquake - when a 7-9 Seattle literally ran over us
Minneapolis Miracle?
The Vernon Davis Spectacular Showcase and ... okay, not a nickname, but you get the point.

What are we scared of? We're scared of waking up on Monday having witnessed the Philly Cheese Fake or the Brotherly Shove or the Quaker State Shake 'n Bake or some other nonsense miracle play that will be shown ad infinitum of TV commercials, on ESPN, during every football broadcast involving either the Eagles or the Saints forever.

We're scared of the thought of sitting at home and watching the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl all because we couldn't stop Nick Foles from scrambling for 16 yards to convert a crucial 3rd and long.

Don't tell me about your numbers and matchups. It's not a rational fear, but try telling someone who's been mauled by a bear that he doesn't need to be afraid of that grizzly on the horizon.

You don't get it? Do you even Saints, bro? We're one Brett Favre brainfart away from being the most tragic postseason team in NFL history. Nearly every playoff exit we have is by a flukey team who shouldn't scare us having a play nicknamed on their way to winning.

Minneapolis Miracle?
The Vernon Davis Spectacular Showcase and ... okay, not a nickname, but you get the point.

What are we scared of? We're scared of waking up on Monday having witnessed the Philly Cheese Fake or the Brotherly Shove or the Quaker State Shake 'n Bake or some other nonsense miracle play that will be shown ad infinitum of TV commercials, on ESPN, during every football broadcast involving either the Eagles or the Saints forever.

We're scared of the thought of sitting at home and watching the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl all because we couldn't stop Nick Foles from scrambling for 16 yards to convert a crucial 3rd and long.

Don't tell me about your numbers and matchups. It's not a rational fear, but try telling someone who's been mauled by a bear that he doesn't need to be afraid of that grizzly on the horizon.

Good point... all three games you listed point to lack of execution in putting games away.

In the first meeting, Ingram ran for 103 yards on 16 carries, and two TDs. Kamara ran for 71 yards on 13 carries.

Brees connected with 7 different receivers, and one of them wasn't Hill or Ginn.

Granted, their offense didn't have Sproles, and is now led by Foles, but they're still bringing that same defense. They had 3 tackles for a loss.

I like our chances shadowing Sproles and winning the turnover battle with the way Foles hucks it up, especially under pressure. Robertson, Okafor, and Rankins all scored sacks against their offensive line. In total, there were 7 tackles for a loss.

I think our defensive line, and the whole defense in general, has gotten better, is rested and healed, while their defense has gotten worse and is is injured, tired, and playing in the Dome.

With their receivers and jump balls I think we'll get some turnovers, and some PI calls.

So we're back to the question of if our offensive line can open holes with or without Armstead. My hope is that the prep time has allowed our guys to get some practice playing as a unit in their various roles without Armstead, in the event he can't go.

I think our offense can beat their defense, and our defense can beat their offense, plus Dome field advantage.

Minneapolis Miracle?

So you take more stock in things that happened in previous seasons over what this team has shown this season? If so, that's cool, but you're killing the mood around here with people who like to, you know, enjoy the moment and look at the game from a viewpoint(matchups) that may make the game more enjoyable. The whole, I'm peeing my pants because Vernon Davis killed us 7 years ago and Nick Foles doesn't step on cracks in the sidewalk doesn't exactly enrich my SR experience.

So you take more stock in things that happened in previous seasons over what this team has shown this season? If so, that's cool, but you're killing the mood around here with people who like to, you know, enjoy the moment and look at the game from a viewpoint(matchups) that may make the game more enjoyable. The whole, I'm peeing my pants because Vernon Davis killed us 7 years ago and Nick Foles doesn't step on cracks in the sidewalk doesn't exactly enrich my SR experience.

No, rationally I think we should beat them. I think it's a good matchup and the best one we could have hoped for in the playoffs.

But this fear isn't rational. The brain remembers pain.

We need to spread the offense in 4 -5 wide like Pittsburgh did to us . Attacked us through the air where we are not the best.. let drew shred them up to start the game

We need to spread the offense in 4 -5 wide like Pittsburgh did to us . Attacked us through the air where we are not the best.. let drew shred them up to start the game

Plus, we can go no huddle if they're getting too much pressure.

I see their linebackers as one of the keys if Brees doesn't have time to attack the DBs. So far, they haven't shown that they can stop the slant and quick outs.

Minneapolis Miracle?

You just listed the two reasons why I never breathe easy until five minutes after the clock hits all zeros....just to make sure.

Beastquake doesn’t bother me, outside of the embarrassment of the moment. We weren’t going all the way that year, anyway.

Minneapolis Miracle?

I may not agree with the message, but you got a hearty chuckle out of me.

The Buffalo Bills could be our opponent & people (Including me) would still be freaking out. It's not so much that the Eagles are a "Great team" per say. It's just that Saints fans have been use to expecting the worst.

Plus, we can go no huddle if they're getting too much pressure.

I see their linebackers as one of the keys if Brees doesn't have time to attack the DBs. So far, they haven't shown that they can stop the slant and quick outs.
Yeapp. Trubisky had 300 yards and a receiver had 10 catches for 120. We seriously shouldn’t have any issues moving the ball.

This thread is making me feel better. And if I feel better, the Saints win. Need proof? In '09 I never had a doubt.

The offense hasn't been the same since Dallas. The D is much improved, but still, get gashed at times in the passing game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom