Whats up with all the fear playing the Eagles? (1 Viewer)

The “Foles” factor is an unknown. Sproles being back is an unknown.
Yes, these two guys were key ingredients that were missing from the last time we faced the Eagles. Yet I do not think that what they bring to the game is unknown. Foles needs very little time to be effective, especially in the short passing game. And if he gets to stand around and survey the field, he will have plenty of good options in Agholor, Jeffery, and Tate.

And we all know what Sproles is capable of doing out of the backfield. Few guys in the league can turn short dumpoff passes into big gains as well as he can. He also recognizes and picks up blitzes very well to protect his quarterback.

'Fear' is NOT the word I would use regarding playing the Eagles in this Divisional Round game. But when you're talking about a team who is riding a wave of momentum, who has 'been there; done that', it really emphasizes the need for the Saints to respect what they are capable of doing in such a big game.

That said, they will have the same level of respect for what we are capable of doing on offense. Neither of these teams will be 'sleeping' on the other. Both teams know what's at stake and I predict a hard fought game. One that will be much closer than what we saw in the Dome in November.

we all know what Sproles is capable of doing out of the backfield. Few guys in the league can turn short dumpoff passes into big gains as well as he can. He also recognizes and picks up blitzes very well to protect his quarterback.

This certainly wasn't the case against Chicago. He was a total liability rushing the ball (1.6 ypc), and even on punt returns where he let one bounce instead of making the fair catch and lost an additional 10+ yards of field position in doing so. And his stats for the regular season since returning from injury aren't impressive really either. I think he has one total touchdown on the year in something like 6 games played.

This certainly wasn't the case against Chicago. He was a total liability rushing the ball (1.6 ypc), and even on punt returns where he let one bounce instead of making the fair catch and lost an additional 10+ yards of field position in doing so. And his stats for the regular season since returning from injury aren't impressive really either. I think he has one total touchdown on the year in something like 6 games played.
Well, that would be great to keep him bottled up on Sunday. I have no desire to see him show flashes of the old Sproles.

Yeah I'm not sure what he's talking about.

If we are looking at lately then:

1. Their O-line could neutralize our pass rush
2. Nick Foles attacks the field deep and will test our secondary which is also a weakness for us.
3. Eagles secondary is bad and we should be able to exploit it.
4. Eagles been decent vs the run lately.

So yeah the match up seems closer than what he's saying.
Foles may be able to attack the secondary but he is not the type of quarterback that lights it up. We have the number one rushing game to shut down their running game which will make them one dimensional. They will try to throw on every down especially when they get behind early which they will since our offense matching up against their secondary and linebackers, I see no way they can stop our running and passing game just like the first time. So sure foles will score some points against us but their defense just like first time is incapable of stopping us

Well, that would be great to keep him bottled up on Sunday. I have no desire to see him show flashes of the old Sproles.
Exactly, them adding sproles won’t help them running game. They will be one dimensional on offense with foles under pressure having to try to pass it on every down and we knowing he is going to have to do that.

Foles may be able to attack the secondary but he is not the type of quarterback that lights it up. We have the number one rushing game to shut down their running game which will make them one dimensional. They will try to throw on every down especially when they get behind early which they will since our offense matching up against their secondary and linebackers, I see no way they can stop our running and passing game just like the first time. So sure foles will score some points against us but their defense just like first time is incapable of stopping us
Their linebackers are speedy good enough to contain kamara and Ingram just like the first game. I would be surprised when the game matters if we will have to even use our punter in the game. It is the exact same philly defense we played last time and they cannot match up at all against our receivers and will try to doublecover MT or have to use safety help which will open up even more our other receivers and running game.

Their linebackers are speedy good enough to contain kamara and Ingram just like the first game. I would be surprised when the game matters if we will have to even use our punter in the game. It is the exact same philly defense we played last time and they cannot match up at all against our receivers and will try to doublecover MT or have to use safety help which will open up even more our other receivers and running game.
Meant to say their linebackers are not speedy enough

Yeah I'm not sure what he's talking about.

If we are looking at lately then:

1. Their O-line could neutralize our pass rush
2. Nick Foles attacks the field deep and will test our secondary which is also a weakness for us.
3. Eagles secondary is bad and we should be able to exploit it.
4. Eagles been decent vs the run lately.

So yeah the match up seems closer than what he's saying.
Foles throws a nice deep ball off play actions when their running game is working. Their running game however will be stuffed by our rush defense again so how play action to throw the deep ball won’t work.

T It is the exact same philly defense we played last time and they cannot match up at all against our receivers and will try to doublecover MT or have to use safety help which will open up even more our other receivers and running game.

I thought Tim Jernigan didn't play last time. You have to admit, their defense has been playing better lately.

Watched the highlights of first game

That was the Smith. Kirkwood and Arnold break out game

Can we get similar production and how much will TG impact

1-Since Dallas, something has been off with the offense
2-our online is a huge question mark
3-these opportunity’s are waning with drew aging. The window is closing

Watched the 1st Philly Saint game last nite. I agree with you on #2 and think fixing #2 will fix #1. The right side of our O-line: Warford, Ram and Unger mauled Philly's D-line blowing holes open one after another. Even though the Eagles put some pressure on Brees, he had enough room to move around the pocket to feel comfortable.

If our O-line is back to 90% of what it was, we walk into the SB. If not, every game will be a war and this team has shown it can go to war 5-weeks in a row and win nearly all battles.

I thought Tim Jernigan didn't play last time. You have to admit, their defense has been playing better lately.
Their defense may seem to be playing better but look who they have played. A third string qb twice named josh Johnson against the redskins who didn’t suit up until 2012 before, trubisky average qb, goth, who without gurley and cooper looks awful, and Eli Manning. When they play an elite qb like brees, their front four is not enough to hold up given their average linebackers and third string corners. And even if they played better, okay we won’t win by 41 but like 21. Foles offense won’t be able to keep up with brees defense for many reasons that outlined such as we will shut down their running game again. Foles is not dan Marino.

Their defense may seem to be playing better but look who they have played. A third string qb twice named josh Johnson against the redskins who didn’t suit up until 2012 before, trubisky average qb, goth, who without gurley and cooper looks awful, and Eli Manning. When they play an elite qb like brees, their front four is not enough to hold up given their average linebackers and third string corners. And even if they played better, okay we won’t win by 41 but like 21. Foles offense won’t be able to keep up with brees defense for many reasons that outlined such as we will shut down their running game again. Foles is not dan Marino.
Even so, trubisky threw 300 yards against that vaunted eagles offense.

Watched the 1st Philly Saint game last nite. I agree with you on #2 and think fixing #2 will fix #1. The right side of our O-line: Warford, Ram and Unger mauled Philly's D-line blowing holes open one after another. Even though the Eagles put some pressure on Brees, he had enough room to move around the pocket to feel comfortable.

If our O-line is back to 90% of what it was, we walk into the SB. If not, every game will be a war and this team has shown it can go to war 5-weeks in a row and win nearly all battles.
You guys are acting as if our o line was healthy in the first game against them. If they were, would we have put up 60 points on them?

Eagle fans are laughing at us for being so worried about playing them in the Dome where they were already trounced 48-7 this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom