Whats up with all the fear playing the Eagles? (1 Viewer)

Nate Burleson picked against us on GMFB
That means we should win ?

Dont get caught in those media rumble.
They HAVE to make a story out of Foles. Its their job.

What should they report instead? That its gonna be the most boring game this year?
The press can’t. So they hype the eagles.

I dont fear an opponent who lost by 41 points in our first matchup and barely made the divisional round by a missed FG with ridiculous 16 points on the bord

Yes, media does need story lines to pump.

The eagles team that lost by 41 was very different team. And scoring 16 pts in playoffs against the top defense doesn't make them a team not to be feared. Saints scored 10 pts and 12 pts in the 2nd half of the season... it happens.

This eagles team, the defending champs, have what is a key ingredient in playoffs... confidence. So no fear but healthy respect.

The eagles team that lost by 41 was very different team. And scoring 16 pts in playoffs against the top defense doesn't make them a team not to be feared. Saints scored 10 pts and 12 pts in the 2nd half of the season... it happens.

This eagles team, the defending champs, have what is a key ingredient in playoffs... confidence. So no fear but healthy respect.
They are the exact same team with the exception of Foles and sproles. So yeah, we won’t beat them by 41 because of Foles since he will score some points but it should still be a comfortable win. Chicago’s defense was always overrated that they haven’t been consistent, gave up 30 plus points to both Miami and giants in important games and both losses. Also, the last eagles drive, if the Chicago defense was truly as advertised, they would have shut that drive down. That is what real great defenses do.

They are the exact same team with the exception of Foles and sproles. So yeah, we won’t beat them by 41 because of Foles since he will score some points but it should still be a comfortable win. Chicago’s defense was always overrated that they haven’t been consistent, gave up 30 plus points to both Miami and giants in important games and both losses. Also, the last eagles drive, if the Chicago defense was truly as advertised, they would have shut that drive down. That is what real great defenses do.

That is a big exception. QB and RB. Plus Golden Tate is better integrated now.

Their CBs in the november game had only started for 2 - 4 games, since both the starting CBs (Mills and Darby) were out. And then 3 CBs got injured during the game (Douglas, Jones, Maddox) so backup to the backups played the game (Sullivan and Bausby. Both are not on the roster now).

Jason Kelce played 6 snaps in the last game and got injured in 1st qtr, eagles played the game with backup center.

Because the Eagles have nothing to lose and we have everything. The pressure of the fact we should beat them badly and this is the best chance to get to the Super Bowl. It’s all about pressure on ourselves more than pressure the Eagles put on us.

Because the Eagles have nothing to lose and we have everything. The pressure of the fact we should beat them badly and this is the best chance to get to the Super Bowl. It’s all about pressure on ourselves more than pressure the Eagles put on us.
Very true, but for them to have any chance, we would need to turn the ball over 3 or 4 times which won’t happen.

Because anything can happen it's 0-0 new season

This Foles Magic is a myth in my opinion. If you take our game against the Eagles out, their stats are identical. These are their stats counting all games.

Wentz: 70% comp percentage, 21 TD's, 7 INT's, 22 points per game, Defense gives up 23 points per game

Foles: 72% comp percentage, 7 TD's, 4 INT's, 23 points per game, Defense gives up 22 points per game

This Foles Magic is a myth in my opinion. If you take our game against the Eagles out, their stats are identical. These are their stats counting all games.

Wentz: 70% comp percentage, 21 TD's, 7 INT's, 22 points per game, Defense gives up 23 points per game

Foles: 72% comp percentage, 7 TD's, 4 INT's, 23 points per game, Defense gives up 22 points per game
Exactly. The only reason why they were in the playoff mix whether wentz kept playing or foles stepped in is that there last five games were not hard games. twice was against the Redskins who were lucky if they could score 7 points against any team since they were playing with a third stringer who has been out of the league since 2012, and they played the Giants and even so, they needed a massive collapse from minny to still get in.

I don't get it. We beat them by 41 points last time, yes, 41 points! I can't think of any other team this year that beat another team so badly this entire year. Do you know why we beat them so badly last time? Because they can't stop Brees passing game nor our running game. We ran and passed on them like a yoyo up and down and could have played our backups by the second quarter. In almost every position, they match up poorly against us. Yes, Foles will score more than 7 points unlike Wentz but Foles will not score more than 21 points in the dome and that includes garbage time. Foles doesn't play defense, Foles is not a God, nor does a team will themselves to victory over a much better team. For example, their secondary is so bad made up of third stringers and why Brees had a field day last time. Foles cannot will these third stringers to suddenly play like Deion Sanders. Its the exact same defense this time around. It makes for a great storyline like a movie, but this is real life, and in real life, the much better team wins as we will comfortably. No, it won't be by 41, I say around by 21 points. This is the best divisional matchup we could have hoped for.

It’s HYPE~! Plain and simple. Without all of the talk of Foles this and Foles that, Truth Be Told, Foles looks up to Drew as The Daddy he always wanted. Drew is The MENTOR and Foles is less than the apprentice since they he’s not QB’ing our Opponent’s style in predatory pre-game scrimmages.

Foles knew of THE LEGEND of DREW BREES early, VERY early on and KNOWS he is NO Drew Brees and we have The ORIGINAL playing for The SAINTS who took Philly apart when we too were under manned, we’ll have an answer for one of my favorite SAINTS since he and Drew gets to be congratulated by his friend in Sprolesy and Jenkins and sit on his bird finger and rotate for Coach Payton whom WE ALL KNOW he let down on several occasions and was a liability for us which Coach KNOWS very well.

Drew WILL Exploit his methods of play by he and Coach telling all of our guys where Malcolm is weakest and how to handle Sprolesy to shut his jittery butt down. No. I have NO FEAR when it comes to Philly and I trust we’ll ALL be talking about beating Dallas or The Rams by this time next week~! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~! I agree with the OP’s assessment of the game and maybe I give THE SAINTS a few more pts. post turnovers as we track who exposes the ball in a manner like say; Foles? Foles? Yeah, I think so~! Cam Jordan makes his claim as a serious World Beater this Sunday with many who help themselves as we dine on roasted and toasted eagles this Sunday~! Just one Fan’s opinion until GameTime when 65K OTHER WHODATS make it loud and clear who is whom come Sunday~! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~!

That is a big exception. QB and RB. Plus Golden Tate is better integrated now.

Their CBs in the november game had only started for 2 - 4 games, since both the starting CBs (Mills and Darby) were out. And then 3 CBs got injured during the game (Douglas, Jones, Maddox) so backup to the backups played the game (Sullivan and Bausby. Both are not on the roster now).

Jason Kelce played 6 snaps in the last game and got injured in 1st qtr, eagles played the game with backup center.
And all those starting cbs are still out. Besides Jenkins, everyone else on their secondary are people they picked up on the streets, whether they are third stringers or fourth stringers, it doesn't matter as even our worst receiver got separation and will do so again. They will need to double cover MT or he could go for 200 yards this game while Ingram and kamara runs up and down the field against them like the first game.

Confidence only works until one gets punched in the face against a much better team that you also match very poorly against, then reality sets in like the first time we played them. That was a do or die game for them and we still beat them by 41 points. Thus, all the bulletin board or whatever they use to get motivated won't matter once kickoff occurs, then cold reality will set in for the Eagles again. Foles is a game manager, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but that won't be even close to beating our team because our offense will shred their defense again and foles will have to try to pass on every down as their running game will go nowhere again against our run defense.

Confidence only works until one gets punched in the face against a much better team that you also match very poorly against, then reality sets in like the first time we played them. That was a do or die game for them and we still beat them by 41 points. Thus, all the bulletin board or whatever they use to get motivated won't matter once kickoff occurs, then cold reality will set in for the Eagles again. Foles is a game manager, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but that won't be even close to beating our team because our offense will shred their defense again and foles will have to try to pass on every down as their running game will go nowhere again against our run defense.
They are the defending champs but this foles led team talent is not even close to the foles led team last year's talent, even so, our team this year would have easily beat the foles led more talented team last year.

Greetings Eagles fan. From an Eagles point of view, I am curious if Eagles fans are preferring foles as their starter for next year or are they still mostly on the wentz wagon?

During that last Super Bowl when those two teams threw for an incredible NFL passing record, the camera shifted to Wentz for a few seconds. Just long enough for all of us to see him tell another player that this would be him next year.

From that moment forward I've seen Wentz as a Me guy instead of a team guy.

I'll take Foles. He's the complete opposite. He's a team player. St. Nick has a bag full of gifts for everyone instead of Wentz who only passes em out to his favorites. And all of that running he does that gets him hurt all of the time? For what? 'Me' again?

Foles is my pick.

But I'd rather see him go some place else. Denver would have been nice place for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom