Whats up with grant? (Merged) (1 Viewer)

SUPA BOWL BOUND

Very Banned
Reaction score
I remember a big ol Grant that ran down Estaban Ocho Cinco, and made a great play way down the field.... now after his little hammy inj, he seems to be playing back like his old self... do you think that his hamstring is still bothering him?

How many rushing yards did Philly have?

Exactly, the eagles attack with the wild cat. The way to prevent it is by keeping contention by discipline in protecting your zone and gaps.

Grant was exactly were he needed to be.

I guess yall guys have a point, but i dont see him all over the field like I did during the Cinci game.

Lol I remember on one of those wildcat plays they ran a reverse I think it was, well Grant fell down before the reverse and he was so slow to get back up that he couldn't make the tackle and the guy ran right by him.

you see it happened a few years ago when he signed a fat contract.

Grant played mostly on running downs yesterday and did what was asked of him.

He was pulled for McCray on passing downs, who would motion out and stand up alot. We showed some exotic looks with him in.

I guess yall guys have a point, but i dont see him all over the field like I did during the Cinci game.

I agree, he seems to make very few (or none) of the plays that I used to always see him make...chasing down skilled-position players out on the edge just before they turn the corner. But it's unfair to judge solely from that that he's not doing what he's supposed to.

Smith and Grant have played "OK" in my opinion so far...Smith has applied some pressure, and both have been "relatively solid" in run support. That said, neither is an elite DE, and neither one is earning their pay check. Wonder if these guys will be Saints next year.

Well, we can't get that money back and he'll probably be cut this offseason anyway to save some cash.

But right here right now, I'm fine with Grant playing on running downs and helping us shut down other teams. McCray is in for most passing downs, so if you wanta blame someone for lack of pressure on those 2nd/3rd and longs, it's him.

I think McCray has done well enough though. It's tough to get pressure with 4 down linemen in this league. There's a reason most don't and we only rushed 3 a lot yesterday. It was weird to watch at times.

Grant is a very overrated player that plays at a level way below what we are paying him. I think we would be better off letting him bulk up and move him inside as a situational player. In my opinion he is not good enough to be on the field as much as he is. It would be in the Saints best interest to try to find a player in next years draft (I know it's a long time away) that could bring a speed rush to compliment Mccray on the other side. All game long Grant is constantly stuck on blocks and able to get free to put any kind of pressure on the QB. If he is in fact hurt or bothered by an injury take him out and let him heal.

Lol I remember on one of those wildcat plays they ran a reverse I think it was, well Grant fell down before the reverse and he was so slow to get back up that he couldn't make the tackle and the guy ran right by him.

Yeah, I was really steamed at him on that play. He looked like a beached whale lying on the ground.

I agree, he seems to make very few (or none) of the plays that I used to always see him make...chasing down skilled-position players out on the edge just before they turn the corner. But it's unfair to judge solely from that that he's not doing what he's supposed to.

The good news on that is besides the touchdown in the Detroit game, the skill players are not making to the edge to turn the corner.

Grant is likely done as a NO Saint after this season. Alongside Bush, Smith, and the released Jason David, he has not even come close to living up to his "salary demands" as far as production is concerned.

Will Smith IMO will continue to be a Saint for a few more years. He seems to be a step or so late on every QB pressure attempt.

Both, for the most part are reliable against the rush. Which is contrast to their initial roles on this team. And to think they were at one time considered (by SI) to be one of the better DE tandums in the NFL....LMAO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom