What's up with Marcus Williams (2 Viewers)

I didn't see a lot from him. I want to look at the game again to see how he does. On the touchdown in the back of the endzone, I think he was in a bad position but the QB had too much time. I don't know. He has the interception. I really think there are some flaws in the current scheme. I just keep seeing Klein covering Landry and something isn't right. I really hope they get this worked out.

There have been 3 different schemes/coordinators, this is not a relevant excuse

Not to mention Jairus Byrd isn't even in the league anymore. His persistent sucktivity appears to transcend whatever our defensive coaching staff's perceived deficiencies.

It is obviously scheme. We don’t just happen to collectively have the 11 worst defensive players in the NFL. It is the regime in charge. Dennis Allen came from GW, and Rob Ryan was told the defense to run.

We eventually need an independent DC to have complete control with no interference. Just look at Lattimore, a world class CB as a rookie from elite coaching... spends an entire year and a half with Dennis Allen and now he is garbage. Same with Marcus Williams. The coaching is abysmal. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the longer a player spends with Dennis Allen, the worse they get...

Why wouldn’t you just throw Hail Marys every play against us? We can’t defend it all because our jam at the line coaching is embarrassing and the technique to not get the head around is terrible. Nearly every pass is completed, and if you throw it toward Crawley youll get an automatic PI call.

If you play fantasy, take the QB playing the Saints every week and rake in the cash
Lattimore was shut down today ... idk what game you were watching

I think—surprise—they’re being stubborn. The scheme is predicated on aggressive man coverage, and, by God, that’s what we are going to run, evidence be damned.
I legitimately don’t know where Marcus Williams is or what he is doing while we’re getting bombed like the Viet Cong. But whatever it is it has to change. If we have to play pudding-soft Tampa Two Zone to cut this nonsense out then that’s what we have to do. Make ‘em earn it at least. I think Payton has seen enough as well. His comments post- game about Julio Jones running uncovered through our defense had the tone of a man who is ready to stage an intervention.

Aside from last week's pick, he's invisible. I only see him making tackles after 50 yard gains. Shouldn't he be helping over the top against overmatched CBs? In fact all of the safeties are invisible.

I don't watch film, so maybe someone can tell me I'm crazy, but we thought after the offseason and camp he'd be balling out. Brees even invoked "Ed Reed" in reference. I'm just not seeing it.

I went to Youtube and did a quick film study and one thing I have consistently noticed is that our db's seem awfully slow. Williams simply can't keep up, Lattimore seems to be out of position a lot, and the other corner and safety are black holes where 25+ yard passes are the norm. I don't get it. Did these guys forget how to play?

Lattimore, the linebackers and the D-line have improved immensely since week one! That being said the coaches are evidently doing their jobs.

We have no #2 corner, period. So coaches have to figure out a way to get him some help. If we all recognize that as a problem, why in the hell cant our safety recognize that? How does so many receivers get behind him? He is a safety, there shouldn't be that many receivers running down the field with our safety chasing him! That makes no sense to me!!!

Other than our #2 corners I think we played a hell of a game!

WHO DAT!!!

It's not Marcus... It's the scheme.
There's no excuse for regressing.. This defense needs Safety help/cover 2 maybe.
Whatever DA is doing, it's clearly not working..
AND... Marcus is the only DB who's made a game changing INT,
Without that INT... Cleveland would've beat us.

Malcolm Jenkins couldn't get picks in our defense, then goes to Philly and gets a bunch. Byrd was an INT magnet, than comes here and gets none. Eventually we are going to have to start blaming the defensive scheme for safeties not being able to impact passing plays.

Some will never do that.
You better put your homer glasses back on lest you get the hammer of ban. ??

Malcolm Jenkins couldn't get picks in our defense, then goes to Philly and gets a bunch. Byrd was an INT magnet, than comes here and gets none. Eventually we are going to have to start blaming the defensive scheme for safeties not being able to impact passing plays.

I agree. Williams is being “Jenkins’d” right now

Dude is in his second season. This defensive scheme puts him on an island back there in center field. Trust me in a couple more games he will be groovin.

DA garbage schemes is the reason for the entire defense regressing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom