What's with all the hate for coleman? (1 Viewer)

Tommy Lee Lewis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coleman
Reggie Bell >>>> Coleman
R.J. Harris >>> Coleman

I would take any of these guys esp tommy Lee over Coleman. The guy keeps dropping balls. He drops in the games and what I read in camp. He dropped one today! Who cares about his size. What does his size matter if the ball is thrown his way and hits the ground or worse, intercepted (New England two weeks ago even though that was on grayson)

I would agree taking Tommy Lee Lewis over Coleman because he has taken advantage of his opportunities and ran with it. He is doing well. However, I would still take Coleman over the other two. Coleman is struggling now, but at least he has more chemistry and knowledge of the playbook than the other two.

To prove the point about his measurables, these guys got an insane amount of chances to be the "next colston" - Toon, Coleman and Arrington.

This guy never cracked the roster and caught everything thrown his way including circus catches - Andy Tanner.

Because he plays slow, doesn't get separation and is not clutch, basically. We were all rooting for him but it doesn't look good at this point.

To prove the point about his measurables, these guys got an insane amount of chances to be the "next colston" - Toon, Coleman and Arrington.

This guy never cracked the roster and caught everything thrown his way including circus catches - Andy Tanner.

LOL. Crazy we all think of Andy Tanner sometimes..What could of been? :sad816:

I think we also have to accept that Colston was that special a player and that incredible a find so late n the draft. It's probably a futile endeavor to seek the "next Colston". His skill set and heart aren't easily replaced, as we've seen.

I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again here -- Coleman has everything you would look for in a receiver -- except the hunger. He plays unfocused at times and seems a half-step behind.

In comparison to guys like Cooks, Thomas, Snead and now Lewis, Coleman's deficiencies stand out even more. If you could put Lewis' fire and grit into Coleman's body, you'd have a receiver in the mold of Andre Johnson or Julio Jones.

Unfortunately, you can't coach hunger and fire.

It's just simply that he is upgradeable. If we aren't always trying to upgrade the team, then we are just being plain old complacent. And as others mentioned, when the ball is thrown his way you just fear a number of bad things are going to happen. That's a confidence thing, which for him was likely lost with the drafting of Michael Thomas and the way that Snead just blew by him last year to take the number two spot. Some guys just don't have it when the big lights come on. Toon, Arrington are prime examples of this. In an offense like this that relies on completions, they can't be wasted on ball droppers.

LOL. Crazy we all think of Andy Tanner sometimes..What could of been? :sad816:

Never forget!!

It was crazy how little chances some of the guys got vs players like Arrington and Toon. Coleman has shown production so that's not that big of a surprise but like HouseCall was saying, I think Colston spoiled Sean into believing he could find a diamond in the rough again.

Thomas seems to be everything we've wanted in a receiver for the last couple of season. I look forward to seeing him, cooks and snead all on the field together. Right now if I was only left to choose between Lewis and Coleman it would have to be Lewis. I mean you can't really even trust Coleman to do special teams work.

Could you imagine the nerves with him on onside kick coverage?:covri:

Never forget!!

It was crazy how little chances some of the guys got vs players like Arrington and Toon. Coleman has shown production so that's not that big of a surprise but like HouseCall was saying, I think Colston spoiled Sean into believing he could find a diamond in the rough again.

Thomas seems to be everything we've wanted in a receiver for the last couple of season. I look forward to seeing him, cooks and snead all on the field together. Right now if I was only left to choose between Lewis and Coleman it would have to be Lewis. I mean you can't really even trust Coleman to do special teams work.

Could you imagine the nerves with him on onside kick coverage?:covri:

Don't forget Joe Morgan. Gosh he did well in 2012. He was prime to get a better role in 2013 when he got injured in training camp. I was there when he got hurt. Game back in 2014 and didn't do much. Got in trouble and was cut. Tried to come back in 2015 and got cut again. Players like Andy Tanner I do feel bad for because he did everything right. But we almost always give the wrong players chances after chances after chances to prove themselves. With the harsh criticism Coleman is experiencing right now, I don't know if this will "wake him up" or he continue with his mental breakdown and struggles.

The guy that I really wanted to see more of is Jake Lampman. Blue collar WR who seem to have good hands and decent speed. I would want to see him have more opportunities. He is like a bigger and faster version of Andy Tanner. He is a good blocker from what I saw

Don't forget Joe Morgan. Gosh he did well in 2012. He was prime to get a better role in 2013 when he got injured in training camp. I was there when he got hurt. Game back in 2014 and didn't do much. Got in trouble and was cut. Tried to come back in 2015 and got cut again. Players like Andy Tanner I do feel bad for because he did everything right. But we almost always give the wrong players chances after chances after chances to prove themselves. With the harsh criticism Coleman is experiencing right now, I don't know if this will "wake him up" or he continue with his mental breakdown and struggles.

I'd love for him to wake up, just like I did with Morgan. Hopefully the light will come on. As of right now he's having trouble with adversity which isn't a good sign.

Because he's not very good but just adequate enough that the Saints keep him around hoping he will play up to the potential of his size/athleticism.

Tommy Lee Lewis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coleman
Reggie Bell >>>> Coleman
R.J. Harris >>> Coleman

I would take any of these guys esp tommy Lee over Coleman. The guy keeps dropping balls. He drops in the games and what I read in camp. He dropped one today! Who cares about his size. What does his size matter if the ball is thrown his way and hits the ground or worse, intercepted (New England two weeks ago even though that was on grayson)
Based on what? What you read on twitter? The only one in that list that an argument can be made for would be Lewis, but I am not sure I would even agree there if Lewis is not able to contribute on special teams. What have you seen from Bell or Harris that would make you think they are a better fit for the team than Coleman?

Based on what? What you read on twitter? The only one in that list that an argument can be made for would be Lewis, but I am not sure I would even agree there if Lewis is not able to contribute on special teams. What have you seen from Bell or Harris that would make you think they are a better fit for the team than Coleman?

Why is it ok for Coleman to make the team without playing special teams but not ok for Lewis?

I think we also have to accept that Colston was that special a player and that incredible a find so late n the draft. It's probably a futile endeavor to seek the "next Colston". His skill set and heart aren't easily replaced, as we've seen.

Even Colston couldn't become the next Colston with all those drops he made in camp.

Only the coaches know whether a player is worth going through all the growing pains. They stuck with Colston, Meachem, and Devery, I will trust their decision to go with Coleman or not.

Why is it ok for Coleman to make the team without playing special teams but not ok for Lewis?

I'm trying to recall, but so far I can't recall any 6-6 WR playing ST. Maybe to block FGs. I'm not really sure why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom