What's with all the hate for coleman? (1 Viewer)

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I been seeing more hate post on coleman than any other player except maybe peat. I understand the Peat posts. After all he was a first round pick. Coleman on the other hand was late draft pick and is the 4 or 5 wide receiver on the team. People seem to act like he is a first round bust of a player. He is what he is. A player that will see the field a few times a game and end up with 30 to 40 catches a year and like every other teams 4 and 5 wide wr he has some issues.
Yeah he dropped that ball when hit by the Huston guy. That was a very hard hit from the blind side.
Coming into a game in a 4 wr set, he will be hard to cover. Most teams do not has a 4th dB that matches up well against him.

Idc if he was drafted or not. If you're not being productive, then you're hurting the team. I don't dislike him, I just prefer someone who's going to help the team.

I been seeing more hate post on coleman than any other player except maybe peat. I understand the Peat posts. After all he was a first round pick. Coleman on the other hand was late draft pick and is the 4 or 5 wide receiver on the team. People seem to act like he is a first round bust of a player. He is what he is. A player that will see the field a few times a game and end up with 30 to 40 catches a year and like every other teams 4 and 5 wide wr he has some issues.
Yeah he dropped that ball when hit by the Huston guy. That was a very hard hit from the blind side.
Coming into a game in a 4 wr set, he will be hard to cover. Most teams do not has a 4th dB that matches up well against him.

If he can't hold onto the ball, it doesn't matter if he's hard to cover or not.

I totally agree. Look how long it took for Devery Henderson to develop and he was a 2nd round pick. It took a few years for for Lance Moore to develop and he was a UDFA. Coleman was an UDFA, who was red shirted his first season and last year was basically his rookie season and didn't really get a lot of playing time until late last season and caught 30 passes for almost 500 yds.

I'm not hating on Peat either. They just need to leave him at one position on the O-Line for right now so he can get some kind of cohesiveness with the other O-Linemen in one position. playing a few plays at one position and few plays at another position is probably a little confusing due to having to lear different techniques for each position.

There was that one incident where he pretended to be Colston. That, and he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

It's not hate towards Coleman. Or maybe it is but that's screwed-up.He's one of ours. It's just very frustrating. Does he have the perfect package to be a great huge WR target? Yes! But he just doesn't seem to get the "it' factor. I sure hope he does. he sounds like a fine young man and he seems to try his best.

Personally I wish Brandon Coleman had never come off the practice squad. He shows some promise, but he's not ready to start, make that play, in the NFL.

I think the majority of NFL fans (not just Saint fans) expect receivers playing in the 'number one football league in the world' to catch every decent pass that is thrown within their air space. If they can't, surely there is some other receiver among the millions of young great athletes in the world that can. I do believe the primal reason Coleman is still a Saint getting opportunities is because of his 6'6" size. I doubt any under six foot receivers, with his average speed, that came close to dropping as many passes, would still be getting the same amount of unlimited chances.

I think the majority of NFL fans (not just Saint fans) expect receivers playing in the 'number one football league in the world' to catch every decent pass that is thrown within their air space. If they can't, surely there is some other receiver among the millions of young great athletes in the world that can. I do believe the primal reason Coleman is still a Saint getting opportunities is because of his 6'6" size. I doubt any under six foot receivers, with his average speed, that came close to dropping as many passes, would still be getting the same amount of unlimited chances.
There was Toon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

People thought that he would be good...and when they came to the conclusion that he wouldn't...they felt betrayed and decided to attack him. The guy was an UDFA. The expectations should have been fringe roster player...he did a good job staying 2+ years.

I believe that this next game is **** or get off the pot time or Brandon Coleman.

I'd be thrilled to see him turn it around, but I don't remember the last practice or game where he was ballin' all day. Overall, his play has been underwhelming, IMO.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom