What's wrong with my FF skills? (1 Viewer)

td2w

Let's go get em
Reaction score
Guys, I'm desperate this time! 0-4 to start the season...

For the past few years, I've been ranked as bad as the Saints defense in my FF league.
What's wrong with that?!

Drafted up Fournette (#8), Mike Thomas (#17), Joe Mixon (#32), Allen Robinson (#41, yup, probably a mistake), Ingram (56), Alshon Jeffrey (65) then a few others as well (Tarik Cohen, Marquis Goodwin, Jimmy Garoppolo, Will Lutz)

Right now, Fournette and Mixon are injured. Had to kick Garoppolo and pick up Goff, but started Fitzcraptrick and got about 3 points from him this week. (so my QB1 and RB1 combined 6.5 points...)

Last year I took Kamara in the last round....last round! I released him after the first two games of the season against the Vikings and Pats and he got taken by someone else...

The year before that I had half of the saints roster on my team, and I got roasted so bad that I decided to never pick Saints players any longer to avoid the fact that my FF lose when my Saints lose (obviously that decision didn't really pan out)

So...
Luck? Skill? Swag? What is missing?!

Any suggestions?

I think you need to find a balance between being safe and risky. A lot of those players you drafted had major question marks going into the draft. None of the picks you made seem bad, but just took to many risks that didn't pay off. Fournette is injury prone, Allen Robinson was coming off a torn ACL on a questionable offense, Ingram was on a 4 game suspension and Alshon Jeffery was definitely going to miss at least the first couple of games. Risks need to be taken in drafts, but try to do that when the value is there.

You need some work on your drafting strategy. Don’t draft players that you know won’t be playing on week one because of suspension/injury/contract issues. If it’s your turn to draft skip those players. No player is worth missing x number of weeks of points.

Next season, don’t bother drafting a kicker. Instead, draft a ‘lottery’ player, someone who might turn into something big between draft time and the season starts, if it doesn’t work out, swap him out for a kicker right before the season starts.

Don’t give up on rookies with big potential so quickly. They take time to develop.

The fact that you didn’t mention the scoring format of your league tells me that you probably need to work a little on how to value players correctly.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Honestly the risk factor is something I didn't pay too much attention to, and looks like it's highly important.

I'm referring to a normal league and not PPR by the way.
And in regards to the Kicker, I drafted Lutz with my last pick, but it's an interesting strategy not to draft a kicker and make the switch before week 1.

This week, many of my players are back, Mixon, Ingram, Jeffrey - so let's hope I can win one and save the day.

I just feel that my starting lineup could've been crazy when healthy (at least RB/WR wise) - Fournette, Mixon, Thomas, Jeffrey, Ingram

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom