What's your biggest concern coming into this the offense or defense (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I really think the offense is going to struggle this year with that horrible offensive line. And with the offense struggling its going to make the defense look worse then last year. If the offense cant give the defense breaks. Im jus saying i hope iam really wrong cant go through another season with like last year. We couldn't dominate at home. Who dat 4 life. Tell me what u think saints fans

More concerned about defense. Online is not good but it pretty much same as last year. To me the corner backs have to be biggest concern. If you take out Finnegan , Breaux is the only cb that ever took a snap in regular season.

I really think the offense is going to struggle this year with that horrible offensive line. And with the offense struggling its going to make the defense look worse then last year. If the offense cant give the defense breaks. Im jus saying i hope iam really wrong cant go through another season with like last year. We couldn't dominate at home. Who dat 4 life. Tell me what u think saints fans
I agree. It all starts(& ends) with the O-Line. If it can't run block & give Drew at least 1.5 seconds to get the ball off,we will be the team everybody will look forward to playing this year.

My biggest concern is Brees getting hurt on offense with Armstead second. I think Peat is our only other good left tackle option, but that would leave a problem at LG. Someone will play adequately at the right guard spot. Even Lelito did fine at RG, and Khalif or Kelemete would be okay there too. It is LG that has been the biggest problem, but I think Peat will do well there. If Amstead stays healthy, then Brees will have better protection, and everything is better.

My biggest concern on defense is Breaux getting hurt, because I think we have depth at every other position on defense without a dramatic drop off in talent.

I'm more concerned about the offense.

The defense is a known quantity. And if we're wrong about them, they can only be better than what we knew to expect.

The offense looks great on paper...possibly more potent than ever, with dangerous weapons at nearly every skill position. But those weapons will all be nullified if the opposing defense is in the backfield as fast as Drew backpedals.

Just like that...neutralized. Deja Vu. Please let me be wrong. Please show me that Payton put a wet blanket on our new wrinkles, cuz when he was talking about a "fast start" to the season, he meant the first 4 REAL GAMES of the season. He's providing NOTHING new on film, and luring opponents into a false sense of security...

I'm way more concerned about the defense. Our Offensive line has struggled in the preseason, yea, but we barely ever had all our starters out there at once. On the right side, I figure the skill level will be a wash from last year. Strief will be the same and Lelito probably won't be any better or worse than what Evans was last season. The good thing is that Peat finally has a spot on that left side. The left of our line is going to be great (provided Armstead stays healthy....please God). If Lelito can have any semblance of consistency on the right side, we will be in a much better position than most people think.

The defense for sure. Hard to really gauge the offense considering the unit was never really on at the same time. I would say Seattle's offense has looked equally as bad in the preseason, but we know they won't struggle when it counts. I see the Saints as the same way.. The D on the other hand has shown flashes, but still looks inconsistent.

I'm more concerned about the offense.

The defense is a known quantity. And if we're wrong about them, they can only be better than what we knew to expect.

The offense looks great on paper...possibly more potent than ever, with dangerous weapons at nearly every skill position. But those weapons will all be nullified if the opposing defense is in the backfield as fast as Drew backpedals.

Just like that...neutralized. Deja Vu. Please let me be wrong. Please show me that Payton put a wet blanket on our new wrinkles, cuz when he was talking about a "fast start" to the season, he meant the first 4 REAL GAMES of the season. He's providing NOTHING new on film, and luring opponents into a false sense of security...

I'm just curious. How can you say our defense is a known quantity when we have multiple cornerbacks who have never really seen an NFL field, multiple new linebackers, new defensive linemen, ect. Our defense is anything BUT a known quantity. Our offense on the other hand has been top five every single year since 2006. I'd call that a known quantity.

The fact that we can't run the ball is really going to hurt the defense. It means the D will be on the field longer and will be getting worn down. We have more talent on D overall than last season, but we are still on the lower end of the talent scale on D, and we won't be able to dictate the pace of the game to other teams. We look soft, and unfortunately I've had to lower my expectations for the season.

I'm just curious. How can you say our defense is a known quantity when we have multiple cornerbacks who have never really seen an NFL field, multiple new linebackers, new defensive linemen, ect. Our defense is anything BUT a known quantity. Our offense on the other hand has been top five every single year since 2006. I'd call that a known quantity.

Our defense has been historically bad. Consistently ranked in the 30s. So if I'm wrong about them, they've gotten better. I don't worry about that!

Our offense is exactly what you described. But our weakness appears to be the line...specifically the guards...which do not mesh well with Brees' "weakness". All those offensive weapons won't mean squat if Drew can't get 'em the ball. THAT is what I worry about.

I agree with everything you said, I just worry more about the offense slipping than the defense rising. Nothing more...

I'm concerned about an offense that consistently goes 3 and out and can't stay on the field.

I think the offense will find a way to put up 28 points but I don't trust the pass rush or the inexperienced defensive backs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom