What's your favorite media player for music? (1 Viewer)

Zaphod

Mostly Harmless
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone's preference is for audio media players.
Winamp? Itunes? Windows Media Player? JetAudio? Anything else?

I'm looking for suggestions. I don't need anything too fancy. Just something to manage music libraries, encode MP3s, and listen to music. I'm using Itunes right now, but I'm looking to find something less bloated and that's less of a resource hog. I've always heard horror stories about 11, so I'm still on version 10.

I use iTunes at home, windows media at work since I don't have admin rights on my stuff at work. Windows is probably easier and since apple has gone out of their way to simplify iTunes it's a pain in the *** to tell you the truth.

I store my music in itunes, but I use other software (LAME, Flac, cd extractor) to encode mp3s. I have my itunes library shared and indexed in such a way that I can use any number of streaming devices to access it.

Anyone use Icloud? At $25 a year I cannot see any reason to not use this for music storage. I have all my music on an old laptop and there is a lag sometimes when I try to listen to music on the apple TV and it is annoying. Anyone know any cons with putting your music in the cloud?

Also ( I have to jack the tread...sorry ), anyone know if cox new orleans has anything like the espn app that lets you watch your cable anywhere you can bring your Ipad?

Also ( I have to jack the tread...sorry ), anyone know if cox new orleans has anything like the espn app that lets you watch your cable anywhere you can bring your Ipad?

I'm not sure what you mean... You can go to the espn website (google "watch espn") and watch it online, just like the app. It's supported by Cox, but you have to set up a Cox login (which I have been too lazy to do).

I stayed out if the cloud so far. Don'trust that media. Where is my data? Is that server safe??? I have my music on my computer using Windows Media player. My music for working out goes to my Iphone.

I'm not sure what you mean... You can go to the espn website (google "watch espn") and watch it online, just like the app. It's supported by Cox, but you have to set up a Cox login (which I have been too lazy to do).

I use the espn app for watching. I was wondering if there was any other app that allows you to watch all the channels on cox. I set up an account and all it allows is for me to view a guide and control my DVR.

I see myself watching games and such on my ipad while enjoying our fine weather in the park.
Buzd, did you hit hogs for the cause on the new festival grounds?
Thanks

I stayed out if the cloud so far. Don'trust that media. Where is my data? Is that server safe??? I have my music on my computer using Windows Media player. My music for working out goes to my Iphone.

At $25 a year, though...it is hard to pass up.

Not sure if you really meant the cloud, but I use iTunes Match. That is the one that uploads you music and will even find a clearer version of a song available. It will stream music to mobile devices unless you want them physically downloaded to the device. Hardly uses any space at all.

Cox does have their "tv connect app" that will let you watch on an iPad as long as you are using your cox wifi. But it will not work when out of that range.

Not sure if you really meant the cloud, but I use iTunes Match. That is the one that uploads you music and will even find a clearer version of a song available. It will stream music to mobile devices unless you want them physically downloaded to the device. Hardly uses any space at all.

Cox does have their "tv connect app" that will let you watch on an iPad as long as you are using your cox wifi. But it will not work when out of that range.

iTunes match, that is what I meant. Thanks

The tv connect app works? Do you need to upgrade your account to get the service?

I use Itunes for my Ipod but on my computer I have been using VLC media player ever since I learned from Severum and Buzd to download in FLAC the stuff that I really care about. I use dbPoweramp to convert from FLAC to MP3 and have been happy with the sound but if anyone else has an opinion of it, I would love to hear it.

I just realized that last post was post 666 for me.

FYI...666 was the address of Nero.

it is also 222 x 3 and 333 x 2. Plus 700 - 34 but that last one could just be a coincidence. :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom