What's your oldest piece of SAINTS gear? (1 Viewer)

I still have my Bobby Hebert and Reuben Mayes Starting Lineup figures from back in the day... still have the helmets too.

Always hated the pose they had Hebert in... like he’s taking a snap from under center.. only there’s no Center, so it looks like he’s squatting to pinch a loaf.

Had it since I was a kid so at least 40 years old. 469C0AAE-8498-4EBA-9F46-C59A33224C70.jpeg

Had I been smart enough to keep mine, THIS would be my oldest Saints item as well. For extra-obscure factual information, for a brief time in 1984 I had a Saints pennant AND a New Orleans Breakers pennant!

It leaves my autographed "Swilling Strikes" poster from 1991-92 as the oldest surviving piece of memorabilia.

I still have my Bobby Hebert and Reuben Mayes Starting Lineup figures from back in the day... still have the helmets too.

Always hated the pose they had Hebert in... like he’s taking a snap from under center.. only there’s no Center, so it looks like he’s squatting to pinch a loaf.

I have the Reuben Mayes one packed up somewhere so I guess that's the oldest piece of memorabilia that i have as well. No helmet though. :|

My wife finally trashed my Reuben Mayes jersey.

Congratulations on your divorce. Ladies, he's back and ready to mingle!

Gold 2003 Deuce McAllister jersey..

I actually just wore it yesterday.

Team issued jersey or retail?

The reason I ask is I have one of those gold team issued jerseys that's tagged for the 2003 season and I love it. It's easily one of my favorite jersey I have.

You were not exaggerating about the Hebert one

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Looks like they realized their mistake and released a new version in 1989

I think I had that one but lost it somewhere along the way.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your divorce. Ladies, he's back and ready to mingle!

Team issued jersey or retail?

The reason I ask is I have one of those gold team issued jerseys that's tagged for the 2003 season and I love it. It's easily one of my favorite jersey I have.
I'm not sure. I was able to get it from foot locker i remember correctly. Long time ago, haha.

Not my oldest, but definitely most treasured is a hat give from the Saints coach in 1983 Coach Hass. It was signed by allot of the players after an inside practice where we were guest on the sidelines with the Players! a few of the signatures are Duece, Joe Horn Curtis Keeton , Brian Young, Darren Howard, Joe Thiesmin . There are more but numbers are 51, 94, 4, 98, 7 and 41. That was 2003 training camp guest on 8/10/03.DSCN0644.JPG

Had it since I was a kid so at least 40 years old. 469C0AAE-8498-4EBA-9F46-C59A33224C70.jpeg

I have that same banner. Used to be hanging on my wall but now is in a box somewhere. I got it when my step dad took me to my first Saints game. I read that you said it was 40 years old and thought...that can't be right. Then remembered my first Saints game was in 1983. :cry:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom