What's your opinion of trying out Reggie in a wildcat-type package? (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
I was thinking about this after I saw the way the Eagles used Westbrook and Jackson.

I'm not sure if we need any gimmicky type stuff at this point, but it would give the opponent more to prepare for.

Your thoughts?

Maybe if we were not the #1 offense in the NFL...if it ain't broke,don't fix it.I am a fan of the wildcat though

Don't need any gimmicky offense when you're #1 in the league and averaging 46 1/2 points a game.

Snapping the ball to anyone but Breesus is a mistake.

Why in the world would you ever want to take the ball OUT of the hands of your best player?

Any play that doesn't start with the ball in #9's hands is a bad play!

Why? The Offense isn't productive enough? So you want to take the ball out of Brees' hands?

I totally agree. If we cant start putting up better offensive games and scoring at least 80 a game...we have no shot this year.

In all seriousness, I dont see how he would do any worse than Jackson did with it for Phili. He is athletic enough and you always like the ball in his hands. With Payton, I wouldnt put it passed him. But I dont think we need gimmicks, Brees is simply making this game look easy right now.

I like Reggie's role in the offense as is. He will improve as the season rolls on, but as a slot receiver, RB and decoy, he is in his niche.

Reggie had a half back pass in 06 against the Ravens and threw an INT. I don't want to see him in a wildcat. And I love reggie.

Reggie would be the sweep guy anyways in that formation, PT would take the snap.

If he could successfully bounce to the outside everytime it could be a good idea.

i thought i heard will smith say in a post game interview that the saints had practiced a wildcat. I'm not sure if that was in prep for philly or if payton plans to use it eventually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom