Saints What's your TOP concern about the Saints between now & playoffs? (1 Viewer)

What is your TOP concern for the Saints between now and the playoffs?

• Total voters
Injuries for sure.
I totally disagree with those who think the Saints “ate the cheese” against Dallas. The Saints’ offense was flat, the Oline got destroyed by Dallas’ defense, and Brees was off his game.
Injuries are always my concern because you cannot control them. Getting your leg rolled, an awkward cut, or a devastating hit can negatively impact the season depending on the player.

IT wasn't on there specifically but health of the offensive line. Playoff games are about winning in the trenches more than anything else...especially if you look at last years Eagles team. Deep/healthy oline and dline won them that SB. If we lose that the offense looks like the Cowboys game against tougher defensive opponents in the post season. Couldnt' imagine playing the Bears in Chicago with a damaged oline. Would look like 2006 all over again.

IT wasn't on there specifically but health of the offensive line. Playoff games are about winning in the trenches more than anything else...especially if you look at last years Eagles team. Deep/healthy oline and dline won them that SB. If we lose that the offense looks like the Cowboys game against tougher defensive opponents in the post season. Couldnt' imagine playing the Bears in Chicago with a damaged oline. Would look like 2006 all over again.
Welp, pretty much what I was going to say and why I voted for the everlasting tacoes

When the OL plays well, 4 UDFAs can catch TDs. When they don't, Brees suddenly looks like he's 50 years old. We live and die on offense by our OL. Brees is not mobile enough to sprint outside the pocket and throw darts. Ingram also can not succeed without good zone blocking in front of him.

That's my concern. If the OL plays well, we win the SB. If the injuries pile up and Bushrod has to keep starting, we will lose in the championship round.

Avoiding going to Chicago in January.

We can win in LA. LA doesn't scare me as much as playing Chicago in probably single degree temps. We were leveled by the Cowboys defense in normal temps, we seemed to have our will broken in that game. The Bears defense is better and we will not play anything resembling a cold weather game like that the rest of the season. We MUST get at least the 2 seed.

injuries
10-2 this year
21-5 since week 3 last year
i'm going to need a bit more evidence to tell me that the dallas game was anything more than an unfortunate anomaly
the pieces all seem to be in place - removing pieces (injuries) seems to be the biggest (potential) issue

Besides injuries being the obvious choice for any team really I think the other option is my choice. The reason being I think the only other way you beat the saints besides injuries would be officiating. And what I mean by that is much like the Dallas game the officials were letting Dallas dbs be physical with our wide receivers without calling really any penalties which staggered are offense along with good defensive line pressure on drew brees. That is my only concern come play off time. If officials call a tight fair game we are good.

"Injuries" by a country mile! We got the talent and horsepower - as long as they can stay healthy! God Bless our Saints!

Initially I thought the OP was asking if we had concerns about the time of possession.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom