Wheel of Time - Cast Predictions/Wishlist (1 Viewer)

Before anyone gets attached to Mat.. they already recast him for season 2.

Why the hell is Perrin married? And why the hell isnt Thom at Bel Tine?

Yea the diverse Emond Field threw me off.

But i had low expectations. And so far this show has at least surpassed them.

I haven't been able to watch it yet. this isn't making me excited...

If they don't slow down and do some character development, and allow the world to explain itself instead of through clunky exposition, then don't bother. I'm not optimistic.

So this seems to be one of those ones where men and women differ greatly in their interest in this. So far, my wife included, the women I see taking about this tend to be enjoying it. The men are all "meh to middling" on it.

I struggled thru Ep 3. Not sure if I'll keep it up, I feel a bit obligated now but, if I miss a bunch of episodes, this is not a series to binge.

Before anyone gets attached to Mat.. they already recast him for season 2.

Why the hell is Perrin married? And why the hell isnt Thom at Bel Tine?

Yea the diverse Emond Field threw me off.

But i had low expectations. And so far this show has at least surpassed them.

I also had low expectations, but they were basically met. I had hope, based on the money put into it... but it seems they skimped on the scriptwriters.

It has a first-season ST-TNG vibe to me. Some good things, some bad, some truly clunky writing, but the germ of greatness is in there.
If Rand and Thom don't stop using the Littlefinger stage-whisper voice all the time, scenes with the both of them will be insufferable.
While Lan talks too much, the actor is engaging and he does get a few good lines "You actually tried to kill me..."
Rand is too pretty and not physically imposing enough, but the main thing is whether or not the actor can pull off the weird schizophrenia with Lews Therin Telamon. It's not an easy ask to express with expressions and posture the idea that there's a crazyman inside your sane head.

one thing I am not fond of is saying the Dragon can be man or woman. It's as if they wanted to remove as much sexism from the show as they could. I did really enjoy the 4th episode. Loved seeing Nineave's explosive power.

Another thing I don't like is Thom never even built up a relationship with Mat and Rand before facing the Fade, so his battle with the Fade lost all it's impact in the series. Here's Thom! Bye Thom! The pacing was my biggest fear on the show. They've done at least an ok job of building up Nineave and Lan's relationship, but even that is feeling rushed.

one thing I am not fond of is saying the Dragon can be man or woman.
I'm real nervous they're setting this up to pull an Egwene is the Dragon switcharoo.

The male half of the Power is tainted. It's the entire freaking plot. The Dragon cannot be a woman because it negates the entire threat of the Taint. That would undo the whole story. Which makes it such a stupid thing to claim unless they're setting us up for some real girl-power stuff down the road.

I'm real nervous they're setting this up to pull an Egwene is the Dragon switcharoo.

The male half of the Power is tainted. It's the entire freaking plot. The Dragon cannot be a woman because it negates the entire threat of the Taint. That would undo the whole story. Which makes it such a stupid thing to claim unless they're setting us up for some real girl-power stuff down the road.
I dont think they will change the story in that way. At most we will get some omissions for sub characters, and some instances of missing character development. Example Thom told his story of Owyn, but he never met Moirraine to show his contempt for the Tower. If they do change it like that they will lose their core audience.

In fact, the more i think about it, the more im bewildered by the fact that Thom wasn't at bel tine. He goes there every year for bel tine, he knows the 5 emond fielders cause he talked to them every year. Now they just randomly met Thom on the run. Thom was my favorite character in the early books.

Anyone who's trying this show without having read the books, and is getting overwhelmed with all the people being thrown at you, here's a handy cheat to keep them straight:

Rand - Harry
Mat - Ron
Perrin - Neville
Egwene - Hermione
Nynaeve - McGonnigall
The Dark One - Voldemort
Moiraine - Dumbledore
Red Ajah - Ministry of Magic
Blue Ajah - Hogwarts Staff
Green Ajah - Aurors
Black Ajah - Death Eaters
Fades - Dementors
Thom - Hagrid

Anyone who's trying this show without having read the books, and is getting overwhelmed with all the people being thrown at you, here's a handy cheat to keep them straight:

Rand - Harry
Mat - Ron
Perrin - Neville
Egwene - Hermione
Nynaeve - McGonnigall
The Dark One - Voldemort
Moiraine - Dumbledore
Red Ajah - Ministry of Magic
Blue Ajah - Hogwarts Staff
Green Ajah - Aurors
Black Ajah - Death Eaters
Fades - Dementors
Thom - Hagrid
Whitecloaks - Muggle Nazis

I actually like it. I thought the first episode was pretty weak, but since then i've enjoyed it. Much better than what i thought i was in store for after episode 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom