When did "have gone" turn into "have went"? (1 Viewer)

This one irks me also. I have a friend who would use it so often, verbally and in texts, I finally had to correct her. I couldn't take it anymore.

Some people know better but do it anyway. Then there's a couple of family members who are, let's say from the west bank, who don't know any better. And it shows up in their social media postings and in the language of their children. I want to correct them so badly.

Some people know better but do it anyway. Then there's a couple of family members who are, let's say from the west bank, who don't know any better. And it shows up in their social media postings and in the language of their children. I want to correct them so badly.
“There IS a couple of family members who ARE”?? :hmm:

Hey, I'm from the West Bank!

So, yeah, I feel your pain.

This one irks me also. I have a friend who would use it so often, verbally and in texts, I finally had to correct her. I couldn't take it anymore.
i have a friend that when she texts, her grammar is anywhere from "ur" to "by and by"

i hate when people make fun of you for using 'ou' instead of 'o' in a few words. i would say this behaviour is unsuitable for anyone with some shred of honour.
What are your talking about?

There are much bigger things to worry about.

When did everyone start saying "at the end of the day"?

This disease has spread like California wildfire.

most overused in sports. It ranks even with "it is what it is" in my book.

but the truth about grammar is this, every word and every phrase was once used for the first time somewhere. Grammar was the mans first way of getting everyone to conform. First he had to tell them all the correct way to talk about what he told them to believe about religion. Every time I say something different from everyone else, I think of it as my little way of sticking it to the man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom