When do we bring in a real GM / Personnel guy ... Manning ?? (1 Viewer)

Why not? Sick of posters going into suicide mode over the team. Oh, so and so is terrible, the worst pick ever. It's not and they aren't. I don't believe in just a generic ridiculous statement. Sometimes there are situations hindering progress Peat, sometimes unforeseen injuries cause problems-Swann, and sometimes players just don't seem to pan out-Murphy. But to say a GM/Coach/Scouting department needs to be replaced by a retired QB who has only 2 things-success at his position (In Mannings case only 1 system) and the fact they are homeboys from LA. Oh wait Favre coaches a high school team. Really? Really? Good god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Injuries , yes. But it is hard to defend what we have done in the draft and in Free Agency over the last 5 years.

It's not one draft or two or even three that have bombed. Also it hasn't been 1 or 2 personnel / contract decisions that have crushed us , it's been several.

Look at what we have done with asst coaches and coordinators over the same time frame. It's a circus. The only other franchises that have been that inept are the bottom dwellers ( Browns come to mind )

The reality is without Brees we are the Browns and he can't play forever. Without Brees and with these same drafts , FA signings , contract decisions and coaching carousel we are a bottom 3 or 4 team in the NFL.

I'm surprised that not many people on this board see that ?? I'm not reacting to losing a pre season game. I could link a thread that I started and got absolutely roasted over after the Graham trade where I said that this is the beginning of an intentional rebuild I got hammered on here with people saying that we weren't rebuilding at that time.

I'm saying they are trying to re build for the last 2 1/2 seasons but , I'm afraid we don't have the people in the organization with the talent/ability or vision to pull it off.

Instead I get ridiculed for saying the name Peyton Manning. I will say this if we had any chance in hell of having PM involved in ANY capacity for the franchise we would be foolish to not pursue that. NFL teams will be lining up for his help whenever he wants.

But , it doesn't have to be him. I think that a lot of smart people in the league are afraid of the franchise because of the ownership piece along with the absolute power SP has and demands. When SP postures to walk we come running and begging .... He got an extension after being suspended by the NFL for a year and then going 7-9 back to back.

What I am saying is that I think it may be time to get another guy in the building with equal weight as SP to control the roster.

Dumbledore for GM and Gandalf for personnel guy

And I want Hermione watching the cap ramifications of everything.. Something tells me a time turner might also be nice for some of these contracts they've signed.

So you think asking if we need a real GM is so outrageous that the above is your response ?

Great input

You seem fun.

Maybe implying we don't already have a GM seems farcical to me. (Yes, I get it, you don't like their decisions. You can't expect the front office to hit it out of the park every single year and sign and draft all the top prospects. There are 31 other teams to compete with. It's a harsh, competitive league. But they've hired Ireland, they've extended Sean, and Mickey's going nowhere. If you want a serious answer to your question: what your asking isn't going to happen for a long time.)

Plus, the Madden joke was funny. I'm a funny guy! (But I'm not a dentist) :mwink:

And no I'm not talking about a SP yes man like Jeff Ireland.

We panned Gold in the 2006 draft and in Free agency after the 2008 Season and after that it has been horrible.

With all of the OL talk please remember we used the 13th overall pick in the draft to select Andrus Peat ( who can't play ) then turned around and picked Anthony ( who can't line up his defense so we move him outside to get 20 snaps per game see Lauranitis signing ) , then Kikaha who had 2 major knee injuries in college only to sustain another season ending major knee injury and then we inexplicably reach for Garret Grayson in the 3rd who is clearly not going to be an NFL QB ...

We need an actual GM with real control of personnel like an Elway Sean Payton can call an offense but he can't pick coordinators or call a player out of college. That's been proven

I think Jeff Ireland is our personnel guy. I like what we have done since he's been here. Posted in another thread called Rebuilding takes time.

Kihaha, Breaux, PJ last year. Thomas, Bell, and Rankins is 6 starters in 2 years. That's excellent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom