When do we bring in a real GM / Personnel guy ... Manning ?? (2 Viewers)

Giving up draft choices to move up and acquiring toys in FA has been the modus operandi of the Payton era with no concept of how to work a draft. You cannot win in this league depending so much on handcrafted FAs.

He is and always has been nothing but a really good offensive coordinator. The league has caught up to his offense of seam routes, screens and vanilla running game with no deception.

He is also too loyal to bad coaches. We are living with the results of the Payton personnel and dictator ways. There is no big boss to tell the explorer he is wearing no clothes. Everyone needs a boss to guide them and reign them in when they are going in the wrong direction. This is truly a sad ending to the Payton era and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

What's sad and possibly true about your post is that now we are on a bad streak of 3 out of 4 years of losing seasons. What if the next 2 are losing as well? We fans will wake up and realize the guy we hitched our wagon to hasn't had it for a while now and we have been back to a losing franchise and just haven't realized it. Sad that we may wake up in a few years still holding on to that 1 Super win, but never getting close again.

Mike McCarthy anyone ? oh no, sorry he already sucked as an OC, good we got rid of him.

Dude, if you are looking for a real GM why would you take Manning when Favre is available? Think man, think.
Favre probably would be better. He lives in my city. He was the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove a 6A school for 2 years and he turned a very average QB into the top QB his senior year and Oak Grove won the State Championship after he passed for like 4k yards and averaged like 40 points a game. Before Favre the team was decent but not great and haven't done squat since he left. He had a high school team that looked professional out there. I know it's only high school but a 6A state championship in his second season is impressive.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

And no I'm not talking about a SP yes man like Jeff Ireland.

We panned Gold in the 2006 draft and in Free agency after the 2008 Season and after that it has been horrible.

With all of the OL talk please remember we used the 13th overall pick in the draft to select Andrus Peat ( who can't play ) then turned around and picked Anthony ( who can't line up his defense so we move him outside to get 20 snaps per game see Lauranitis signing ) , then Kikaha who had 2 major knee injuries in college only to sustain another season ending major knee injury and then we inexplicably reach for Garret Grayson in the 3rd who is clearly not going to be an NFL QB ...

We need an actual GM with real control of personnel like an Elway Sean Payton can call an offense but he can't pick coordinators or call a player out of college. That's been proven

Do you think that guy could be Peyton Manning ? Or do you think until ownership is cleared up we have what we have ?

I posted a similar thread and got roasted a few months ago. I was really surprised with Manning being a home town boy. I think he would be a great pickup

I posted a similar thread and got roasted a few months ago. I was really surprised with Manning being a home town boy. I think he would be a great pickup
The roasting was deserved then, and is deserved now.

The poster child for success is John Elway, but he didn't simply step into the General Manager's role one day and succeed. He spent thirteen years learning how real world business worked, and essentially practicing running a football team with his Arena league franchise.

Suggesting that we just clean house and give him the reins is just ludicrous. Especially considering the efforts in the past two off-seasons to correct the course of the franchise.

Patience and perspective are really in short supply today.

I'm speechless. Manning? Favre as GMs of personnel? I must've gotten bashed over the head last night.

Someone posted that this team should start rebuilding. Guys what do you think they have done for the last 2 years? Payton was suspended a year due to the NFL ducking a multimillion dollar concussion lawsuit. Let's face it, that's what it was. He took an old tired veteran team on their last legs to the playoffs. The next year the wheels fell off as some of the decisions they made to extend their success backfired (keeping players too long, keeping people like Junior around who were problem children). Also, letting some key defensive players go because of Ryan. I don't buy the words he said that he had no input on who to get and release. Every other DC Payton has hired had the power to essentially call the shots to bring in the players he wanted, Ryan was simply terrible at it. So last year they draft football players. They get Peat, who while has been the best down ugly stepchild on this board has started 4/5 of the line positions and had almost as many reps as he starters in games, and more practice snaps at more positions than any other player. Kikaha had 2 surgeries on one knee. The first surgery blowing out so quickly suggests it wasn't a good result. He was healthy and played 3 years. The fact he tore an acl is nothing anyone could have predicted. Anthony needs to learn the mental aspect of the game, by moving him outside and bringing established vets to help him
Learn correctly, as Ryan's defense was a disaster is hardly a bad thing. You can't breed success with what we had there last year. PJ is your other starting CB, Swann is your nickel, Davison your starting NT, Greyson everyone knew was going to take 2 years at least, but has a skill set that few have as Payton's offense is complicated and requires a QB who can think, and Tull is somewhere around still. That sounds like it sucks to me. This year Rankins, Thomas, Bell and Lasco will all get significant play time if not starters from day one. The other guy here again has a ceiling as high as anyone. In a couple years has potential to be pro bowl. Our FAs this year-Fairley, entire LB core all look good. So I dont see where all of a sudden the new GM is completely inept.

This team has been rebuilt over the last 2 seasons. The line has a new coach and players still being shuffled through. Give it a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't we just update our roster in Madden and let the CPU auto-sign players?

Only question is if we have to pay EA a salary.

So you think asking if we need a real GM is so outrageous that the above is your response ?

Great input

I'm speechless. Manning? Favre as GMs of personnel? I must've gotten bashed over the head last night.

Someone posted that this team should start rebuilding. Guys what do you think they have done for the last 2 years? Payton was suspended a year due to the NFL ducking a multimillion dollar concussion lawsuit. Let's face it, that's what it was. He took an old tired veteran team on their last legs to the playoffs. The next year the wheels fell off as some of the decisions they made to extend their success backfired (keeping players too long, keeping people like Junior around who were problem children). Also, letting some key defensive players go because of Ryan. I don't buy the words he said that he had no input on who to get and release. Every other DC Payton has hired had the power to essentially call the shots to bring in the players he wanted, Ryan was simply terrible at it. So last year they draft football players. They get Peat, who while has been the best down ugly stepchild on this board has started 4/5 of the line positions and had almost as many reps as he starters in games, and more practice snaps at more positions than any other player. Kikaha had 2 surgeries on one knee. The first surgery blowing out so quickly suggests it wasn't a good result. He was healthy and played 3 years. The fact he tore an acl is nothing anyone could have predicted. Anthony needs to learn the mental aspect of the game, by moving him outside and bringing established vets to help him
Learn correctly, as Ryan's defense was a disaster is hardly a bad thing. You can't breed success with what we had there last year. PJ is your other starting CB, Swann is your nickel, Davison your starting NT, Greyson everyone knew was going to take 2 years at least, but has a skill set that few have as Payton's offense is complicated and requires a QB who can think, and Tull is somewhere around still. That sounds like it sucks to me. This year Rankins, Thomas, Bell and Lasco will all get significant play time if not starters from day one. The other guy here again has a ceiling as high as anyone. In a couple years has potential to be pro bowl. Our FAs this year-Fairley, entire LB core all look good. So I dont see where all of a sudden the new GM is completely inept.

This team has been rebuilt over the last 2 seasons. The line has a new coach and players still being shuffled through. Give it a chance

i get being positive but , defending the picks and moves just isn't reality

The poster child for success is John Elway, but he didn't simply step into the General Manager's role one day and succeed. He spent thirteen years learning how real world business worked, and essentially practicing running a football team with his Arena league franchise.

Suggesting that we just clean house and give him the reins is just ludicrous. Especially considering the efforts in the past two off-seasons to correct the course of the franchise.

I'm going to take the word " Manning " out of the thread.

I was looking for real responses. Are we going the right direction or wrong direction in our front office. Is not having an actual GM hurting this franchise ?

The stories you make up about other people's threads are..........

Manning as GM now. No. Manning in a key FO position like an assistant GM wit focus on player development. Now that sounds very interesting.

Anyone who thinks Manning will not be highly successful in the FO has not watched his career. He's one of the most cerebral QBs to ever play the game and his desire to win may exceed Brees. It will likely take him a few years to learn the new rules of the FO games, but to lean in any way towards him not ultimately being very successful is simply ignoring the obvious

Cross - I've been getting flamed a lot in the last 3 years and you know why? Unfortunately my NFL sources have been spot on about the Saints. I wish they were fools, but they are not. Trying to get people to look at this as a business, how is the business being run, what's the leadership team's success rate, how is the future really looking, stepping back emotionally and saying, OK, we may really not be a very good team. If that is the case what do we do? Is really hard when we all have so many blind emotions running our addiction to our Saints and the NFL.

This is Big Business and the guts of most big businesses are very ugly and nasty

If you were looking for real responses, you wouldn't dismiss opposing opinions that way. There's a great deal of support for many of the moves and selections that have been made since the 2014 draft.

The reality is that every other draft since 2006 has been at minimum an average one when compared to the rest of the league. And the past two have garnered some quality players as well. So, no, defending them is not ignoring reality.

I'm going to take the word " Manning " out of the thread.

I was looking for real responses. Are we going the right direction or wrong direction in our front office. Is not having an actual GM hurting this franchise ?

We have a real GM. And we don't know yet if the massive overhaul of the scouting and coaching staff is going to be successful or not yet. But we need to get into games that matter to truly even generate an educated guess that's worth anything.

Yes, Manning, whose latest business experience is being a pizza huckster. Brilliant!!!!

Why not? Sick of posters going into suicide mode over the team. Oh, so and so is terrible, the worst pick ever. It's not and they aren't. I don't believe in just a generic ridiculous statement. Sometimes there are situations hindering progress Peat, sometimes unforeseen injuries cause problems-Swann, and sometimes players just don't seem to pan out-Murphy. But to say a GM/Coach/Scouting department needs to be replaced by a retired QB who has only 2 things-success at his position (In Mannings case only 1 system) and the fact they are homeboys from LA. Oh wait Favre coaches a high school team. Really? Really? Good god

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom