When do we bring in a real GM / Personnel guy ... Manning ?? (1 Viewer)

REBELMAX

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
When do we bring in a real GM / Personnel guy ... ??

And no I'm not talking about a SP yes man like Jeff Ireland.

We panned Gold in the 2006 draft and in Free agency after the 2008 Season and after that it has been horrible.

With all of the OL talk please remember we used the 13th overall pick in the draft to select Andrus Peat ( who can't play ) then turned around and picked Anthony ( who can't line up his defense so we move him outside to get 20 snaps per game see Lauranitis signing ) , then Kikaha who had 2 major knee injuries in college only to sustain another season ending major knee injury and then we inexplicably reach for Garret Grayson in the 3rd who is clearly not going to be an NFL QB ...

We need an actual GM with real control of personnel like an Elway Sean Payton can call an offense but he can't pick coordinators or call a player out of college. That's been proven

I don't know who, but I'm ready for suggestions! That's for sure!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Why don't we just update our roster in Madden and let the CPU auto-sign players?

Only question is if we have to pay EA a salary.

I don't understand. We lost to a good football team in a preseason game and it sounds like we just got blown out by a pee wee football team and we lost our entire team for the season. What is this madness lol.

I don't understand. We lost to a good football team in a preseason game and it sounds like we just got blown out by a pee wee football team and we lost our entire team for the season. What is this madness lol.

Back to back losing seasons .... Actually 3 out of 4

Do you think we are heading in the right direction ? Seriously

I think some people took my Madden advice above seriously; the Trade Drew threads are sprouting.

(hint for those guys: you can't glitch the other teams in real life for more picks. Unless you're the Patriots.)

Dude, if you are looking for a real GM why would you take Manning when Favre is available? Think man, think.

Dude, if you are looking for a real GM why would you take Manning when Favre is available? Think man, think.

The Op is open for suggestions. We are entering our 3rd season lost under the current football staff, what do you suppose we do,because what we have now is clearly not working? :aargh:

I guess the fans are in preseason mode as well. The mistakes and errors in these complaint threads really need to get cleaned up, or its going to be a long season on the boards...

You summed it up without realizing it. The fact is, in order for this Saints roster to be playoff caliber they need to show they are competitive. They are not. Look at the starters vs starters. It was a totally mismatch. Beating up on bottom dwellers and .500 teams, is not going to get this team any playoff success. They have to be .500 against playoff caliber teams and 1.000 percent against the bottom dwellers and .500 teams. I don't see that.

Giving up draft choices to move up and acquiring toys in FA has been the modus operandi of the Payton era with no concept of how to work a draft. You cannot win in this league depending so much on handcrafted FAs.

He is and always has been nothing but a really good offensive coordinator. The league has caught up to his offense of seam routes, screens and vanilla running game with no deception.

He is also too loyal to bad coaches. We are living with the results of the Payton personnel and dictator ways. There is no big boss to tell the explorer he is wearing no clothes. Everyone needs a boss to guide them and reign them in when they are going in the wrong direction. This is truly a sad ending to the Payton era and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom