When do you Expect us to start Releasing Players for Cap Space? (1 Viewer)

Saints 318

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know its probably not gonna be anytime soon with all these other teams cutting players to free up cap space . When do you think Mickey and Sean will start working on that?

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to wait if they know who's going to get cut. I also don't see why other teams would have any impact on that. Possibly they are waiting for the coaches to be hired but if it's a salary cap issue, there's not much they can do about it.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Lots of bonuses get locked in today (that whole 3 days after the super bowl thing) so if it's not today then it'll be dependent on when those dates are, restructuring, and the new DC.

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Lots of bonuses get locked in today (that whole 3 days after the super bowl thing) so if it's not today then it'll be dependent on when those dates are, restructuring, and the new DC.
Didn't know that. We need to start cutting people.

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Will Smith will probably be the first to get axed

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I was expecting to see a player or 3 released due to this today. So far there have been fewer than I had expected and none, by the Saints, that I have seen.

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
Guess it depends on how the Saints players bonuses are structured. I'd imagine they would like to wait as long as possible to get a DC in place to help evaluate since many of the cuts will likely take place on defense.

But if the bonuses are do, I'm sure Mickey and Sean won't wait.

tlsk1066

"Landøyðan" - Land Waster
Reaction score
Will Smith will probably be the first to get axed
I think Will Smith gets cut, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him re-signed at a much lower cost.

nelopiceral1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Since a lot of the cuts will be on the defensive side of the ball, the new DC has to come in and go over personnel with Mickey and Sean to evaluate who he wants to keep around and who is not going to fit. They've got to all get on the same page as far as vision and strategy before they make the first cut or free agent move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)