Question When do you think Brees will anounce his retirement. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I think it will be Monday, since its been a week since The SuperBowl and a good while before agency occurs. This will give the placement on shows and press that Drew's career deserves.

I think after this week, things will start to pick up at a dizzying pace in the NFL. Drews announcement will get lost or not paid the proper homage in the Football news shuffle, if he delays it much longer than next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Drew Brees has always said “you are only as good as your last game”.
Bet he’s coming back and the saints may not be able to afford him

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
I have a very good friend who is friendly with a couple of players. We talked about Drew this weekend and he said he expected Drew to announce “one final season” before hanging it up. Don’t shoot the messenger, just repeating something I heard from someone who has a few ties to the team. No his name isn’t Pete and this isn’t intended to be any “sure thing” kind of drama. It just came out in casual conversation and I think he’s straight up enough to repeat it.

austxsaintfan

Veteran
Reaction score
works for me if he'll keep his 1 million dollar salary and we can draft his backup.

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
If Brees was going to give it one more go, wouldn't he have to get the rotator cuff surgery soon? Isn't that a 4-6 month recovery?
True, that's something we haven't taken in to account yet. Also......nevermind. I just don't like seeing legends stretch it out too far and make their last season the one you don't want to remember.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
This week will be a great week to announce his retirement. He’d of had his rotator cuff worked on already. Doesn’t need it done to hold the mike when broadcasting.

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team & Host of Fleurs Truly
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This past week he's been on vacation with his family. Maybe this week?

Brandon13

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If we do not hear anything from him this week.. I'll really start believing he's thinking about returning.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
Tennessee?
Bama or Ga. the favorites Both run pro offenses. Ole Miss and Tenn not going to be good enough. FL runs funky offense. A&M under Jimbo an outside shot if they stay good. If he looks outside SEC which is unlikely, Texas under Sark may get a look. He doesn’t fit Clemson or Ohio St offense.

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
We talked about Drew this weekend and he said he expected Drew to announce “one final season” before hanging it up.
This is what I've been hoping for.

I also like the idea of him making it known it would be a final season. In that case, there would be no need to ask him 100 times a week about his future plans, because they would be made known up front.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)