Question When do you think Brees will anounce his retirement. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it will be Monday, since its been a week since The SuperBowl and a good while before agency occurs. This will give the placement on shows and press that Drew's career deserves.

I think after this week, things will start to pick up at a dizzying pace in the NFL. Drews announcement will get lost or not paid the proper homage in the Football news shuffle, if he delays it much longer than next week.

Last edited:
June 6, just so we don't get punished for for playing the CBA and splitting his cost over. 2 years.
I agree with this. I think you have to at least show some “possibility” that he intends to play - but you still internally move about business as though he will be gone.

June 6, just so we don't get punished for for playing the CBA and splitting his cost over. 2 years.
I agree with this. I think you have to at least show some “possibility” that he intends to play - but you still internally move about business as though he will be gone.

No doubt Goodell will try to find any way possible to screw us over but there is precedent to not have to wait. The June 1st thing is really just for bookkeeping. Players have announced retirements at the end of the season and been June 1st cuts the next season.

It happens with cuts all the time too. A team will announce they are moving on but the actual bookkeeping move is delayed.

No doubt Goodell will try to find any way possible to screw us over but there is precedent to not have to wait. The June 1st thing is really just for bookkeeping. Players have announced retirements at the end of the season and been June 1st cuts the next season.

It happens with cuts all the time too. A team will announce they are moving on but the actual bookkeeping move is delayed.
How many of them took a major pay cut to give cap relief?

Even if he does announce his retirement from the NFL the Saints won't "cut" him they will simply put him on the "reserved/retired" list after June 1st in order to keep the 2022 signing bonus charge in 2022 instead of taking it this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom