When does Drew get his big payday? (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We have got to address this sooner or later. He will probably be the first 110 million dollar man in the NFL. Haynesworth got 100 mill and Rivers and Eli over 90 million. He's got about 5 real productive years left.

As far as I know, his deal isn't up for another few years, after Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. So there's no chance he's the first $110 million man. We'll probably sign him to an extension in a few years for something around 4-5 years, $60-$70 million.

We have got to address this sooner or later. He will probably be the first 110 million dollar man in the NFL. Haynesworth got 100 mill and Rivers and Eli over 90 million. He's got about 5 real productive years left.

Drew won't ask for or get a 100 million dollar contract.

i don't understand why it matters right now

Agreed, especially considering today was a big payday. He just restructured his contract so he converts about 9 million from base salary into signing bonus, giving him money in his pocket immediately.

Why is this an issue right now? This is why people are so stressed, they spend time worrying about things that are completely irrelevant.

Drew won't ask for or get a 100 million dollar contract.

He's about 4 years older than Philip Rivers and Eli so you are probably right. Someone else said 70million. I'm still guessing it's not any less than 90 million.

What about that 6 year 60 million dollar payday he get in March of 2006.

Why is this an issue right now? This is why people are so stressed, they spend time worrying about things that are completely irrelevant.

especially when they aren't the ones signing the check

i don't understand why it matters right now

I doesn't. Noone would even be asking this if it wasen't for Eli and Rivers getting a deal.

Reality check. THEY ARE YOUNG, BREES IS NOT!

You cant give brees 100 million 10 year contract, he is 30. Besides, his deal isn't even close to being up and he is still making over 10 million a year.

Also, Eli manning has a superbowl under his belt, and phillip rivers has been in the playoffs it seems like every other year, if not every year.

Brees needs to get to the playoffs a couple more times, and hopefully win us a superbowl and he will get some dough. No need for it right now though, he is being very well taken care of.

I really don't think he's in it for the money. I'll bet you the prospect hasn't even crossed his mind.

He's already making more money than everyone on this thread combined to play a children's game. Why in the world do you care if he makes more or not?

As said before, I highly doubt he would ever ask for a big payday. He loves where he's at, he's not a greedy person, and with the head on his shoulders, I doubt after football he'll ever have to think about working again. I think Brees is (and is going to be) one of the reasons New Orleans is such an attractive place for players. I doubt we would have the players on this roster at the price they're playing for if they had anything (including a huge paycheck) on their mind other than a championship.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom