When Facing the Falcons Which Quarterback You Feared the Most, Vick or Ryan? (1 Viewer)

If I had to pick one it would be Ryan because I think the team is also better around him. However...the one that used to scare me was Schaub when he would come in to relieve Vick.

Man, Vick used to give me nightmares. 3rd and 12, and THERE HE GOES, running for 14. Everyone in the stadium knew Vick was going to run, and we still couldn't stop him. We do a much better job of stopping Matty, though he usually runs up a lot of yardage on us.

Matt Ryan is a better QB BUT Mike Vick was THE scariest QB in the league with the Falcons just because you could do everything right and he could break off a 70 yard TD run.

So for those who answered Vick, a pertinent question is which quarterback in the NFC South today do you "fear" more--Cam Newton or Ryan. Newton is much more capable of the extraordinary play, but is less consistent and overall less effective. I would suggest that most head coaches and general managers would pick Ryan over Newton or Vick. In fact, an interesting exercise would be for someone to call Sirius NFL when Bill Polian or Pat Kirwan is on and ask the question. I am willing to wager a small amount as to what the answer will be.

No dog jokes, please. Strictly on the field discussion.
havent read the responses yet but for me its was definately Vick. Vick was so dangerous by himself. So best way to explain it would be Vick because he could do so much by himself, and only thing i fear about Ryan is all the weapons that he has at his disposal .

If you give a prime Vick that 2016 Falcons squad... There wouldn't be any 28-3. Falcons would of won a superbowl if Vick had the talent that Ryan been blessed with his whole career.

If you give a prime Vick that 2016 Falcons squad... There wouldn't be any 28-3. Falcons would of won a superbowl if Vick had the talent that Ryan been blessed with his whole career.
As good as Vick was, I don’t think he could of won MVP and orchestrated a top 10 offense of all time.

Vick. Always ecpected him to run wild on our poor defenses. Watching opposing qbs run for easy third down conversions is so frustrating.

So for those who answered Vick, a pertinent question is which quarterback in the NFC South today do you "fear" more--Cam Newton or Ryan. Newton is much more capable of the extraordinary play, but is less consistent and overall less effective. I would suggest that most head coaches and general managers would pick Ryan over Newton or Vick. In fact, an interesting exercise would be for someone to call Sirius NFL when Bill Polian or Pat Kirwan is on and ask the question. I am willing to wager a small amount as to what the answer will be.

I'd say Cam Newton. When he has his accuracy dialed in he can take over games. As with Vick a defense can be sound in their assignments and do everything right but Cam can make something out of nothing and hurt you.

I'm going to say Newton cause he has had rare moments where he's sliced and diced us. Besides that, Newton is the only QB in the NFL currently who teams worry about running on them. The Panthers ground game has been so good the last several years largely due to him helping out with their run. Cam is so big, he's tough to bring down.

Newton is something of a wildcard QB because he's so inconsistent on a week to week basis. You never know if bad Cam or lights out Cam is going to show up against you. We beat them three times last year, but he played his butt off in that playoff game and put up a hell of an effort. The worst memory I think I'll have of Newton is him throwing that bomb on us at the end of the game in 2013 and beating us in the final seconds for Carolina to claim the division.

With Matt Ryan, you know what you're getting. A slightly above average QB who may light you up if the receivers are doing well during the day. Usually when Ryan beats us, it's an all around great team effort by the Falcons and we manage to screw up with multiple turnovers. Outside of that 2014 comeback game, I can't think of another game where Ryan has single handedly beat us. Vick had multiple games where he beat us up and Newton has had a few.

I would suggest that most head coaches and general managers would pick Ryan over Newton or Vick.

You're exactly right, but with me it was about "pucker factor". Vick was off the charts, made me squirm in my seat. Luckily, his runs didn't demoralize our defense as much as it did me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom