When "Get off my lawn!" goes too far (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some people are truly awful
========================

A 6-year-old boy was injured on Sunday afternoon after a neighbor allegedly shot him in the arm while he was playing.

Ryan Le-Nguyen of Ypsilanti Township faces charges of assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to do bodily harm and two firearms charges.

According to charging documents obtained by MLive, Coby Daniel was outside playing with two young relatives at about 4:30 p.m. on June 6.

Police allege that Le-Nguyen heard the children's noise and came outside, holding a sledgehammer. After Le-Nguyen allegedly told the children to leave, Coby stepped back onto his yard to get his bike. That's when, police say, Le-Nguyen fired a round through his window, striking the boy in the arm.

Coby's injury was not life-threatening and he is expected to fully recover.

"He tried hitting me with a sledgehammer but that's not going to work because I'm too fast," Coby tells FOX 2 News. "He got a gun and BOOM shot me right here."............

What is wrong with people?

I don't see how shooting a kid with a gun, is called for when they are playing on their lawn. Turning on the sprinklers seem like a far better solution.

1623366475947.png

Last edited:
And the judge only originally gave him a $10,000 bond, which he posted. Thankfully a public outcry brought him back in with a higher bond.

But why such a low bond for someone who clearly has mental issues in the first place? I wonder.

Thank goodness the boy was not killed or seriously injured. It will probably come out that the man who shot this child was mentally ill or just a disgruntled conspiracy theorist.

Thank God the kid is ok

That's just crazy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom