When is it okay to drink alone? (1 Viewer)

Or working in the yard, washing the truck, listening to some good tunes and having a few cold ones!

Yeah, posting on SR goes well with a few beers, too. Jsut ned too wath th speling wen im drinnkg!!

Or climbing up tall radio towers with a snip....err....six pack and watching all the people.

I have come to find in my short lifetime that drunk dialing by yourself is unnacceptable in society and will make girls think you are actually thinking of them, when in fact you are simply going down the phone list. So in conclusion i think as long as you do not drunk dial, drive, or pee in a corner of your room then it is totally acceptable. :ezbill:

I agree. I've had some of the best "times" drinking and doing something alone--like cooking, watching football, or even reading. [or surfing the net and pui on sr.com :hihi:]Of course, activities which require some degree of thought or dexterity--one can't get absolutely smashed. But there's nothing like drinking some wine, cooking, and listening to some music on a weekend afternoon.

:9:

I second that.... Drinking some wine and cooking is what I love to do!! Homemade chicken soup with 5x the garlic and 2x the dill !!
gotta know when to say when!!! once I start to slur i cut back to maintence drinking .....which is basically drinking slower ....

But drinking alone is one of lifes simple pleasures.....if you drink till you passout ..... make sure you are NOT alone so you dont choke on your vomit...

But drinking alone is one of lifes simple pleasures.....if you drink till you passout ..... make sure you are NOT alone so you dont choke on your vomit...

after seeing FIGHTCLUB for the first time last night im hoping you dont make alot of green pea sup lol

freaking great movie, wow

Drinking alone is one one of my favorite things right now. I work shift work 3 days a week, so 4 days a week, I stay home with my two kids ages 2, and 7 months. After spending time with my wife after work, and getting the kids taken care of and in bed, I enjoy the peace and quiet from about 9:30 on.

Crack open one or two, read SR.com, and watch hockey highlights, life is good.

I think if you're goal is to get wasted alone, it's a problem.

If you're just unwinding or drinking a few while watching TV, cooking, etc., it's not so much of a problem.

Getting drunk every time you go out with friends is probably just as bad as getting drunk alone. If you have to get drunk and can't draw the line, it's not a good situation.

I think any time you get drunk past the point where you are enjoying yourself, it's bad. There's a whole spectrum of acceptability, but I don't see how getting wasted alone fits into the spectrum.

I've always heard "Don't drink alone" and what not. Clearly after a long day at work, I am allowed a beer or two to unwind, regardless of who is or isn't around.

But at what point exactly is it a problem (per the adage)? Is it a quantity issue? A type of alcohol issue?
Since when is drinking alone a problem? It's my preferred way to drink. Even if someone is there, they're usually ignored. I prefer my own thoughts to awkward or meaningless conversation with a stranger. Small talk is fine, but nothing more than what you might say to someone else in a men's room unless you just happen to agree on the first topic brought up. Even then, I'll pay for my drink and walk away if it gets too chatty.

People talk way to much as it is. Why we don't look at that as a cause for Global Warming I'll never understand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom