When is it okay to drink alone? (1 Viewer)

fixed that for you

its right up there, best one ive seen in a long while - was one twist that was not part of the plot that was "wild" not to give anything away for those who havent seen it but - i thought i saw, what i thought i saw, but didnt realize it even when they were telling "me" - im sure you know the twist im referring to

it is a must see

People talk way to much as it is. Why we don't look at that as a cause for Global Warming I'll never understand.

Thank you! Blah blah blah blah...

By the time I get home from work, exhausted from pretending to be interested in useless blathering, all I want is to crack one open and enjoy some silence. I only get that (the silence part) about once a week though. Zero times this week. This thread is a real character defining one though. Some people just love to be around people and jaw jack all day long, I really like to be alone. It makes the voices in my head easier to hear. In fact, my recent involvement here is the most social thing I've done in a while aside from my small circle of friends.

It is never acceptable to breathe alone.

its right up there, best one ive seen in a long while - was one twist that was not part of the plot that was "wild" not to give anything away for those who havent seen it but - i thought i saw, what i thought i saw, but didnt realize it even when they were telling "me" - im sure you know the twist im referring to

it is a must see

watch it a few more times.....you will pick up on new things each time.....:9:

I think the only way I ever get any work done around the house is when I'm drunk. Otherwise I'll just sit around and watch TV all night

I thought everyone felt like me on this topic - which is that I hate drinking alone.

The times I have drank alone I don't even get drunk. When I am with some buds I get buzzed off a beer or two.

I don't drink to quiet the voices in my head. I drink so I can understand them.
-Dave Attell, and words to live by

I love drinking alone. My wife is out of town this week and it feels great to get a bottle of wine on a Tuesday night. Play some video games or watch a guy movie that she would hate. A nice buzz makes the whole experience that much better.

Not having anyone around means I can be totally selfish, which is nice to do once in awhile. Don't have to watch what "we" want to watch. Don't have to talk about anything. Don't have to make a group decision on dinner. It's like a break from reality, my own little vacation from life without having to go anywhere.

Even on the weekends my wife will usually fall asleep on the couch next to me by 10:00. I then spend the next couple/few/many hours finishing off the wine and doing what I described above.

When you wake from your stupor and find you're laying next to your mannequin, it's a problem.

;)

A mannequin would probably be better than what some have awoke to after arising from a stupor.

I think its sad to drink alone - and I don;t mean a couple of drinks. I mean getting buzzed and drunk. So I guess it comes down to quantity for me. Plus, there is no excuse. Just walk down to your local bar.

And spend a hell of a lot more money than necessary? No thanks.

I like a glass of wine or bourbon when I get home. It's a nice way to wind down from work while waiting for the lady to get home. I'll often get dinner going or catch up some Wii playing during this time. At one time I would have criticized this as excessive and unnecessary. I don't feel that way now. It's a moment during the day that I really look forward to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom