When is it okay to drink alone? (1 Viewer)

Read the book. The movie is just a tease.

not really.....it's a pretty short book and i felt that the movie hardly left anything out.....there are a few minor differences but nothing to consider the movie "just a tease"....

FWIW, the book is still a great read.....i think i have read it about 3 times

Last edited:
I didn't really like the book that much, although I like that author's (I've forgotten his name) even less. Loved the movie though.

Anytime a movie is compared to be better than the book in a play-by-play fashion I'm comfortable knowing that the book wins, regardless of the string of opinions.

This of course is my opinion. I like that type of fiction, and I read a lot.

The short style of Pahlaniuk's fiction is cerebral, and eclipses the cheap visual tricks of the movie, I think.

I drink alone to think of how to ward off company.

Anytime a movie is compared to be better than the book in a play-by-play fashion I'm comfortable knowing that the book wins, regardless of the string of opinions.

This of course is my opinion. I like that type of fiction, and I read a lot.

The short style of Pahlaniuk's fiction is cerebral, and eclipses the cheap visual tricks of the movie, I think.

hey, i actually think the book is better, i just didn't see where the movie was much different.....anytime you compare a book to a movie, the book will be much better, IMO.....i don't read a lot, but i read often enough to realize that.....i am a huge fan of stephen king, but the movies based on his books often suck :shrug:

hey, i actually think the book is better, i just didn't see where the movie was much different.....anytime you compare a book to a movie, the book will be much better, IMO.....i don't read a lot, but i read often enough to realize that.....i am a huge fan of stephen king, but the movies based on his books often suck :shrug:

I agree completely. I wish those SK movies would capture the madness.

Thank you! Blah blah blah blah...

By the time I get home from work, exhausted from pretending to be interested in useless blathering, all I want is to crack one open and enjoy some silence. I only get that (the silence part) about once a week though. Zero times this week. This thread is a real character defining one though. Some people just love to be around people and jaw jack all day long, I really like to be alone. It makes the voices in my head easier to hear. In fact, my recent involvement here is the most social thing I've done in a while aside from my small circle of friends.
Shut up voices, or I'll poke you with a knitting needle again!

I agree completely. I wish those SK movies would capture the madness.

If you read "cell" there is going to be a movie made....eli roth(hostel) is the director......this is one of the few king books that might translate well into a film....

The Shawshank Redemption, and The Green Mile being exceptions. Both were very good books, but excellent movies.

An example would be the movie Christine. Now that is my favorite movie, been watching it since I was 2 years old, but the book is much better. Damn I love that 58 Plymouth Fury.

An example would be the movie Christine. Now that is my favorite movie, been watching it since I was 2 years old, but the book is much better. Damn I love that 58 Plymouth Fury.

Dude you watched Christine when you were two?! You must be scarred for life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom