When is the last time we said this? (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The hardest cuts will be on the defensive side of the ball. If we keep improving defensively, I'm convinced we may slip offensively but it would be shocking if we end up outside the top 10, I like our chances this year.

The hardest cuts will be on the defensive side of the ball. If we keep improving defensively, I'm convinced we may slip offensively but it would be shocking if we end up outside the top 10, I like our chances this year.

Top 10 in the only category that counts, scoring points, is not guaranteed this year. if the offesnive line does not improve, we are in for a very long season. Defenses will jam 8 in the box and blast linemen and LBs up the middle. That's shuts down the run and really hurts Brees ability to get downfield. When good defenses do this, they are able to handle our screens, quick slants and WR draws. And the good defenses not only shut down our offense, they force Brees into making extremely costly fumbles and pick 6s which are game changers, we get behind and he has to sling it the rest of the game always playing catchup and one turnover from a loss.

Special teams must also play a role in "complementary football", as they call it. Despite the rule changes with kickoffs, a good return makes it a shorter field for the O. Hope to see Lewis win this job, because Murphy needs to go. He scares me back there. And that was before the Texans scored the game's only TD because of his latest blunder.

depends on what the offense does with the extra possessions. they get up more than 2 scores the defense will be even better.

Top 10 in the only category that counts, scoring points, is not guaranteed this year. if the offesnive line does not improve, we are in for a very long season. Defenses will jam 8 in the box and blast linemen and LBs up the middle. That's shuts down the run and really hurts Brees ability to get downfield. When good defenses do this, they are able to handle our screens, quick slants and WR draws. And the good defenses not only shut down our offense, they force Brees into making extremely costly fumbles and pick 6s which are game changers, we get behind and he has to sling it the rest of the game always playing catchup and one turnover from a loss.

I just don't believe this is the offensive line we start the season with. If they leave Peat on the right side as SP said today then let's see how he settles up the middle. I'm not sure I like a 6'7" guard in Drew's line of sight. The other guard spot, who knows. I'm not completely sold on Strief on the right side either. We have to do something to shore this thing up before we kick off in 3 weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom