NFL When is TUA ever going to play? (TUA named starter) (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick has been named starter in week 5 matchup against 49ers. Miami needs to stop wasting time and put in TUA. As a fan of football I want to see the best players play. We all know what Fitzpatrick is at this point, solid but not spectacular.

If Fitz is still starting, it means Tua hasn't shown the coach he knows enough of the playbook to put in yet. Obviously, he has more skills than Fitz does, but you don't want to send a talented guy out there without the knowledge and tools he needs to succeed, especially on a bad roster, so he ends up destroying his confidence in himself rather than getting better.

Honestly, with the lack of rookie camps and severely limited practices, it's surprising any rookies are starting, much less making an impact, which a couple of them surprisingly are.

What would be the benefit of playing Tua for the Dolphins? They don't seem that concerned with winning games so why throw Tua to the wolves? Just for the lulz?

The fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting over Tua tells me that Tua isn't ready. Not all rookie QBs are equal. You can't expect Tua to magically become Joe Burrow.

Has it been a full year in his recovery?

Yea no reason to throw the young buck into the fire for a pointless season. Wait till the draft and FA, where they’ll have about $20 million to play with. They need defenders BAD, and he could use a couple more weapons on offense. that team isn’t going anywhere this year.

These changes usually happen after the bye week which is week 11. I expect to see Tua in week 12.

Yea no reason to throw the young buck into the fire for a pointless season. Wait till the draft and FA, where they’ll have about $20 million to play with. They need defenders BAD, and he could use a couple more weapons on offense. that team isn’t going anywhere this year.

And they have the Texans first round pick for 2021. If they keep being terrible at football the Dolphins could have two top 10 picks. But I think the Texans will bounce back now that they aren't getting O'Brien'd on a weekly basis. Worst case scenario the Dolphins have two top 20 picks, a lot of cap space, and maybe a franchise QB on a rookie deal. That is the perfect storm to turn it all around.

Or they could throw Tua out there to get injured and/or mentally and emotionally damaged. The risk is high and there is no discernible reward at this point. Teams will usually wait until later in the year if they want to ease their rookie into action.

Fitzpatrick has been named starter in week 5 matchup against 49ers. Miami needs to stop wasting time and put in TUA. As a fan of football I want to see the best players play. We all know what Fitzpatrick is at this point, solid but not spectacular.
If Tua isn’t starting, there’s probably a reason. I hate when these teams throw rookie QBs out there to the wolves Before they’re ready. More often than not, it hurts that QBs progression more than it helps. I think that if Miami continues to give him the time he needs to learn before throwing him out there, he will have a really nice career.

If Tua isn’t starting, there’s probably a reason. I hate when these teams throw rookie QBs out there to the wolves Before they’re ready. More often than not, it hurts that QBs progression more than it helps. I think that if Miami continues to give him the time he needs to learn before throwing him out there, he will have a really nice career.
He must not be or it could be health. Just gotta and wanna see how he stacks to Burrow

Last edited:
He must not be or it could be health. Just gotta and wanna see how he stackss to burriw
Remember, Pat Mahomes didn’t get his first start until week 17. Granted, the Chiefs had Alex Smith. But, sitting and learning for nearly an entire season likely helped him tremendously.

Four games into his rookie season with a very capable veteran in front of him the best thing that can happen for Tua is exactly what is happening right now.

The Dolphins are going nowhere in a hurry.............................let him learn and he'll be a better player for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom