When it comes to athletic ability, Drew Brees defers to Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
130125-brees-wilson-600.jpg

“I’ve been so impressed with the way he’s been able to play,” Brees said. “Mostly, I just like the way he’s conducted himself throughout the whole process. He’s remained very humble. He’s so well-spoken. He gives credit to his teammates whenever he gets a chance. He’s very thankful and grateful for the opportunity he’s been given.

“You root for guys like that.”

It’s obvious that Brees has been following Wilson’s rookie season, just as Wilson followed all those productive seasons that Brees has been stringing together.

“Over the past six, seven years, I’ve really studied him and tried to figure out what he does so well,” Wilson said. “He’s got great feet. He’s got great poise. He’s a tremendous leader.”

And, as Wilson added, “He’s a great human being.”

Flattered? Obviously. But Brees also finds some motivation in watching Wilson.

“Just to know that you’ve got that kind of influence on guys, especially guys like Russell who come into the league and play at that level, it’s a great honor,” Brees said.

Then there’s that motivational factor.

“It definitely pushes you, too,” Brees said. “As a veteran player, you want to be able to stay up with these young guys.”

When it comes to athletic ability, Drew Brees defers to Russell Wilson

Pretty nice write up. Brees and Russell been hanging out at the pro bowl.

Drew is grooming his replacement. About the time Russell's contract is up, Brees might be looking for that broadcasting job and someone is going to have to fill the role of Saints QB. Might as well be another 6'0" dynamo known for his leadership and a chip on his shoulder for being dismissed as too small for the position.

Drew is grooming his replacement. About the time Russell's contract is up, Brees might be looking for that broadcasting job and someone is going to have to fill the role of Saints QB. Might as well be another 6'0" dynamo known for his leadership and a chip on his shoulder for being dismissed as too small for the position.
Yea because Seattle wouldn't have anything to say about that, right?

Subliminal Shots fired at cam newton pretty obvious especially after the reports from players last year about Cam at the pro bowl being a complete prick

Russell Wilson will be Seattle's QB for the next 10+ years barring injury.

Try 5'9" lol. Wilson is my size.

Russell Wilson will be Seattle's QB for the next 10+ years barring injury.
that'll be the downfall of a majority of these running QB's. I like Wilson and hope him the best but at some point he's going to be taking shots that he doesn't necessarily have to take. Guys like Drew, Brady, and Manning get a good O-line so they can sit in the pocket and pick people apart. This new fad of the running QB don't have that luxury...they will always feel like they need to make the play. It's only a matter of time before they get caught real good.

Yea because Seattle wouldn't have anything to say about that, right?

Exactly. Too bad Russell Wilson doesn't play for the Chargers. They don't seem to mind sending us their best players for free when we need them :hihi:

that'll be the downfall of a majority of these running QB's. I like Wilson and hope him the best but at some point he's going to be taking shots that he doesn't necessarily have to take. Guys like Drew, Brady, and Manning get a good O-line so they can sit in the pocket and pick people apart. This new fad of the running QB don't have that luxury...they will always feel like they need to make the play. It's only a matter of time before they get caught real good.

Case in point, RGIII

From what I hear..he'll be bone on bone not to long and that's a shame.

Russell can beat you from the pocket, he scrambles and makes plays but I don't see him too often running from designed run plays. He will phase it out.. He will still scramble to pass like brees, Steve young etc. Russell is the best young qb I've seen in forever from a leadership, production and intellectual point

I want him for the next Brees replacement, this guy is going to turn into a star no doubt.

There was a game when Drew was with the Chargers and he went something like 19-22 for over 200 yards and 2 TDs and I said to myself that I wish we could get him somehow. So, I wish we could somehow get Russell Wilson after Brees is retired.:ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom