When it comes to fishing... (1 Viewer)

I really miss fishing saltwater since moving to Tennessee, but have taken on some new freshwater species to make up for the loss..I mainly fish for catfish, specifically flatheads..Like to go noodling too..Lots of small mouth up here along with big stripers, sauger, walleye, paddle fish and brook, rainbow and brown trout..Do a lot of fishing below dams..I got a 16' homemade aluminum john boat my dad built, has a 40hp rude..

Noodling? I would be afraid that I would stick my hand in that hole and come out with a big Loggerhead or something. You're a much braver man that I am. I cannot grab what I cannot see! At least not while in the rivers and lakes, anyway. ;)

Cool! :9: Have heard a lot of good things about that Triton 24LTS.

Was thinking about that one, but also fell in love with about 4 other boats... Blackjack 224, Tidewater 2200 Carolina Bay, 221 Winyah Bay by Scout, etc. Too much to choose from. Going to the Houston Boat show on Wednesday. Maybe I will make up my mind.

So, how does that Triton handle the chop? Pretty Dry? What is your top speed with that 225 and what is your fast cruising speed (4500 RPMS)?

BTW - All that I could find of my boat was this pic I took when I first got it. Bought it in Florida. Hence, it was a lot of fun getting it registered. :covri:
I chose the triton for the 24 but if you want a 22, Blackjack is a great boat. Very dry and easy ride.

Triton handles the chop great, dry ride and high gunnels for the kids.

Good luck shopping!

I chose the triton for the 24 but if you want a 22, Blackjack is a great boat. Very dry and easy ride.

Triton handles the chop great, dry ride and high gunnels for the kids.

Good luck shopping!

My buddy has a triton 24. Can't beat it for getting to the marsh on a tough day. Perfect bay / island boat.

Noodling? I would be afraid that I would stick my hand in that hole and come out with a big Loggerhead or something. You're a much braver man that I am. I cannot grab what I cannot see! At least not while in the rivers and lakes, anyway. ;)

Yes it is very scary at first. I usually use a stick to poke around in the holes. You can pretty much tell if theres a fish with it. The scary part for me is going under and actually getting deep inside the hole. Its crazy fun as I like to say. The adrenaline rush when you catch one is intoxicating and I have become addicted to it. I have some battle scars from a 25 lber i caught 2 weeks ago. I had my thumb in his mouth and he clamped down and spun on me. Its still a little early for noodling right now but we have been scouting for there holes the last few weeks. Trust me though once you get over that initial fear its a blast.

Jackson_Kakak_Cuda_Fishing_Kayak_Drew_Gregory_Specs1.jpg

1.JPG

This is what I fish from. Aside from the huge cost benefits, the satisfaction you get from landing a fish from a kayak is just greater than you get from a boat. Its more of a challenge and when you land one you know you really did do it all yourself. I may not catch a limit every trip, but if I just catch a few from a power boat then I feel like the trip was a failure - If I just catch a few from my kayak then I feel great.

And there is nothing like hooking a bull red, unclipping my stake pole and letting him drag me for a "cajun sleigh ride".

I mostly fish around Hopedale in the winter, and I like Leeville in the summer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom