When the football is bad, this is a sad time of the year (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For me the football offseason seems to be excruciatingly long. I can already feel the anxiety of knowing that I only have 6 more Saints games to watch this year. Naturally I was hoping for better things this year as I'm sure the rest of you were. But as a native New Orleanian, I also take pride in the LSU & Tulane games. Since these two teams will have two more games each (a championship game & a bowl game), I can add 4 more games to my list of games that will matter to me.

So... there's 10 more games left to my football season. And I'm already starting to get bummed out. :sad:

Bill it sure is when our teams, particularly the Saints and Tigers do poorly. I enjoyed watching Tulane some this year and yesterday was a big win for them. I was shocked at LSU's loss, but overall encouraged by the effort and growth of that program in so short a time. Our Saints are another matter in terms of disappointment, but it is what it is and I look forward to seeing what is going to be done in the offseason to get the team back on track - should be very interesting there. I am already starting to look at next years draft prospects, something I haven't done this early in many many years...lol

Actually as I get older, I feel a strong "silver lining" sense when the Saints playoff eligibility/season is done. My stress level goes down and I feel like I get a lot of my life back. Of course, I'm disappointed when the Tigers/Green Wave/Ducks/Black Knights lose, but I don't feel the stress and disappointment like I do with our Boys.

I'm happy for the warm glow that Tulane and LSU fans are going to feel after this season (especially if the Tigers put up a good fight next week).

It’s just a game. Treat it like an early 2023 preseason game. Find other things to do with this nice fall weather

It's especially disappointing when there was real optimism of a successful season when it started. The injuries to Penning, MT13, etc really derailed any real chances of being competitive.

Bill it sure is when our teams, particularly the Saints and Tigers do poorly. I enjoyed watching Tulane some this year and yesterday was a big win for them. I was shocked at LSU's loss, but overall encouraged by the effort and growth of that program in so short a time. Our Saints are another matter in terms of disappointment, but it is what it is and I look forward to seeing what is going to be done in the offseason to get the team back on track - should be very interesting there. I am already starting to look at next years draft prospects, something I haven't done this early in many many years...lol
BK has done an amazing job with just 39 scholarship players.
As an old-school Green Wave fan (since the early 70s) it pains me to say this...but here it goes...LSU is in really good hands with BK.

Now somebody get me a bucket.
I need to vomit 🤢 🤢🤢🤮

For me the football offseason seems to be excruciatingly long. I can already feel the anxiety of knowing that I only have 6 more Saints games to watch this year. Naturally I was hoping for better things this year as I'm sure the rest of you were. But as a native New Orleanian, I also take pride in the LSU & Tulane games. Since these two teams will have two more games each (a championship game & a bowl game), I can add 4 more games to my list of games that will matter to me.

So... there's 10 more games left to my football season. And I'm already starting to get bummed out. :sad:
It can be but I made a conscious decision to make December the most wonderful time of the year. I decided not to watch the first half for the first time in probably 20 years. My day has been great. I recorded the game and saw the score and watched the last 2 minutes of the half.

The dumb penalty cost us the first half.

Bad teams make dumb decisions. That's what we've done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom