When Thursday night is Friday night (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2017-03-30_at_7.45.35_PM_1024x1024.png

Was on sale at Rouses so it shall be tasted. They were emphatic that I could not return once opened so guess I'll have to do a thorough tasting to be certain of its quality.

Japanese whiskeys are something I've wanted to try for a while but just haven't ever done so for whatever reason.

This one is a little sweet, but not over powering. I did the first glass with a couple ice cubes. The second is with whiskey stones. If I have another, will try a splash of water like the Scots recommend.

It's a nice whiskey. A hint of scotch flavor, but way less peaty. At the price point, I think I'll get the rest of them to just hold for long term. Probably wasted on the folks around here that are more willing to pour coke in one than actually taste it.

This one is a little sweet, but not over powering. I did the first glass with a couple ice cubes. The second is with whiskey stones. If I have another, will try a splash of water like the Scots recommend.

It's a nice whiskey. A hint of scotch flavor, but way less peaty. At the price point, I think I'll get the rest of them to just hold for long term. Probably wasted on the folks around here that are more willing to pour coke in one than actually taste it.

Yeah, I've heard they're most similar to Scotch in terms of method and flavor, but with their own unique spin.

Pizza and Coca Cola are my vices tonight....

I've largely avoided both.....generally speaking.....for the last several months due to eating Keto........but I'm feeling the NBA Finals might end tonight, so I wanted to enjoy it in style.

I have tried a couple of Japanese whiskeys and wasnt overly impressed at the price point

Much prefer scotch, bourbon, or irish whiskey

You mentioned peat, but not all scotch is peated. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find peat in highland or speyside scotches and they probably make up most of what gets consumed

I have tried a couple of Japanese whiskeys and wasnt overly impressed at the price point

Much prefer scotch, bourbon, or irish whiskey

You mentioned peat, but not all scotch is peated. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find peat in highland or speyside scotches and they probably make up most of what gets consumed

I know very little about scotch. But I always keep a bottle of Aberlour 12 in the bar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom