When was the last time the D got an interception? (1 Viewer)

Team speed, a good pass rush and good team coverage create interceptions. We are slow and don't have a pass rush and can't cover.

If you don't get a pass rush then QB's aren't forced into bad decisions. If you don't have good team coverage then QB's don't have to throw into tight windows. If you don't have team speed then tipped balls tend to hit the ground, balls that float a little still get to receivers, when corners jump routes it takes them longer to get in position to make the play, without team speed LB's can't get as deep in zone drops and can't break on passes as quickly.

It also helps if you can stop the run to force more obvious passing situations but we don't do that well either.

Since we don't force turnovers, can't stop the pass and can't stop the run we rarely build big leads where the defense can tee off in passing situations, create pressure and take advantage of QB's taking particularly big risks to try and play catch up.

Get the talent, play good defense and the picks will come.

poor Roman Harper is the non-catchingest DB I've ever seen. I can picture a montage of him from his personal life dropping everything that people toss at him (car keys, beer cans, babies...).

the absolute worst in nfl history

poor Roman Harper is the non-catchingest DB I've ever seen. I can picture a montage of him from his personal life dropping everything that people toss at him (car keys, beer cans, babies...).

Oddly enough, he couldn't drop them in Carolina no matter how hard he tried.

Couldn't really catch when originally here, goes to Carolina and can't drop anything, then comes back here and can't catch again. HOW?

Without a pass rush, you get minimal INTs. QBs have time to make good decisions and can see the whole field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom