When was the last time we got a pick 6...? (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
Meaning, when was the last time the Saints had an interception return for a TD? Was it back when Keith Mitchell got that one against the Cards in 2000, 2001? It just seems like it has been a really looooong time.

Better yet, when was the last time a Saints CB had a pick 6?

Heck, when was the last time the Saints got an interception... period? Think they only have like 6-7 for the season.

Heck, when was the last time the Saints got an interception... period? Think they only have like 6-7 for the season.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they only have 3 for the season... 1 for Fujita, 1 for Bullocks, and 1 for Simoneau.

I know things like this happen... I mean Tampa Bay has gone the entire life of their franchise and NEVER returned a KO for a TD.

I was just thinking about this last night, and I really think the last time we had a "pick 6" was when LB Keith Mitchell tipped a Jake Plummer pass to himself and took it to the house back in '00 or '01. As far as the last CB to do it for the Saints... the last one I remember is Toi Cook, circa 1992.

Didn't Colby Bockwoldt intercept one for 6 against Tampa 2 seasons ago?

Didn't Colby Bockwoldt intercept one for 6 against Tampa 2 seasons ago?

In 2003, Ashley Ambrose had a 75 yd INT return for a TD at Tampa. That was our last INT returned for a TD. Bockwoldt had a fumble return for a TD at Oakland 2 years ago (2004 season).

hahahha! James Allen in 04 against Tampa. We almost blocked a punt in the endzone but the punter threw the ball and Allen caught it.

In 2003, Ashley Ambrose had a 75 yd INT return for a TD at Tampa. That was our last INT returned for a TD. Bockwoldt had a fumble return for a TD at Oakland 2 years ago (2004 season).

Thanks Wahoo, that answers both of my questions right there... Ambrose was the last Saint to do it, and the last Saints CB to do it. MM has had 3 or 4 missed chances to do it since he got here, but he dropped the balls.

Who even came up w/ that expression "pick 6"? It has become one of the most overused sports phrases, especially by Mike & Mike. Quite annoying everything in sports has to have a nickname

We have 5 INT for the season.
11 total take aways for season with only Washinton following up with 9.

Who even came up w/ that expression "pick 6"? It has become one of the most overused sports phrases, especially by Mike & Mike. Quite annoying everything in sports has to have a nickname

so every time we talk about a 'pick 6' we should say Return intereception for TD. Oh wait can't say TD gotta say Touchdown.

/end sarcasm

When was the last time a CB had a pick? Simoneau had one in the endzone against the Bengals, that's the last one I remember except for the Packers game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom