When we signed SP and Drew (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
When we signed SP and Drew (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Remember these were far from universally loved picks
We know a chunk of the fan base will dislike (a LOT) whomever gets picked to replace CSP
For your sake and hours try to hold off on the ‘sky is falling’ posts
Breathe
It’s a process

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My thoughts are this Sean Payton did a phenomenal job during his tenure. I appreciate everything he and Brees did to get a championship and winning attitude here.

I do believe that the offense was getting stagnant and between the loss of personnel and the constant change out of offensive personnel, it was only a matter of time before the tricks ran out. In a sense, it's almost predictable what we're going to do when we line up. Luckily, we had players that mastered it well enough, it covered those flaws for the most part, but again, we were a very predictable team.

Going forward, I hope we can get another coach with that same fire Sean Payton had. Someone the players can get behind and play hard. I think Leftwich could be a solid pickup, but that's just speculation on my part.

If the TV gig doesn't work out for Brees, I'd like him as a QB coach and see if that works. Low possibility, but it could be something to think about. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of shuffling of names in the coming weeks to months, but I'll be behind whomever.

AsaPW

How's ya momma an dem?
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I didn’t know anything about SP. i was still excited to have a new head coach and QB after the Haslett and Aaron Brooks years. I can’t say that I’m excited about no Brees AND SP, but life goes on.

gummbo70114

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think it’s important to pick someone as soon as possible so they can get to work and start analyzing and figuring out what prospects we need and who’s available in the free-agent market
to make this team into the powerhouse I know we can be

Moon

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, knew nothing about Payton

Brees, though, I knew through fantasy football---even though he was coming off an injury (admit I didn't know how serious it was at the time), I felt he was the most talented guy we had coming here in a LONG time

motivation2k12

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it’s important to pick someone as soon as possible so they can get to work and start analyzing and figuring out what prospects we need and who’s available in the free-agent market
to make this team into the powerhouse I know we can be
He is already in the building

bouxdag

Veteran
Reaction score
I didn’t really have any expectations when Payton came in because for the most part the franchise had always been bad.

To me, realistically, the odds are much higher that the replacement will be also be bad and that’s depressing.

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Great post OP. Are we better or worse than we were after the 2005 season? We are super more talented, and 2006 was a hell of a year. No idea where this goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines