When will it end?? (1 Viewer)

I dunno, I have a strong suspicion that the Cardinals would still not be getting any respect if they had snuck a victory out in last years SB.

The media loves east /west and old teams never figured out why they like the Panties so much

Then who cares when you have a Superbowl!!!!!

It will end when we are 5-0 after beating the Jets and Giants.I promise.

I could really care less if we're 15-0 and still not getting any respect. Respect from media doesn't win games, nor does it determine championships. I pay no attention to sports media. All I care about is who wins, and fantasy points!

I don't care really.........I know it's natural for fans to want nationwide respect, and it's nice, but all I want is a championship.

These.

The Saints were 7-0 in 1991, 7-1 in 1992, and 5-0 in 1993. Unlike the first 2 years, the 1993 team did get a lot of attention. They went into the bye at 5-0. Then the team went to Pittsburgh, got soundly beaten (37-14), and the season went downhill in a hurry. Wade Wilson went from great to awful ... he had something like 7 interceptions returned for touchdowns during that season. Then the fans cheered when he got hurt against the NYG in the Dome, prompting Coach Mora's tirade that the fans were "sick." Mike Buck and Steve Walsh started the last 2 games ... Buck's effort in Philadelphia was "really sick" ... if anyone remembers that. I think he completed 1 pass the entire game (to Brad Muster, of all people). Walsh started in a win against Cincy to end that dreadful season. It only got worse. Six straight losing seasons followed (1994-1999).

The 2009 team will need to win its next 3 games. 2 wins against the NY teams and they'll be on the map. I'd rather see them just "fly under the radar" for as long as possible. I still have nightmares about that 1993 season.

well, i can tell you one thing.
If KC wins this weekend (WITH Mcnabb, westbrook and jackson out)everyone will be praising them as the most underrated team in the league.

Its just b/c we are the saints.
Owell, i rather people not expect us to win, then we come out and torch their team for a few TD's and a win!

We'll get respect when we win the superbowl. You know when we make the playoffs, everyone will predict all the other teams in the playoff to make it all the way except us. I really dont care, as long as we win the superbowl, the media can way whatever they want.

I don't much care if we get respect from the media. I'm tired of us not getting respect form our own SR members. Any time someone says "will we win this or that many games", all I hear is "I hate these threads, lets win the next game first". And when we win the next game, it's rinse/repeat.

If we don't give ourselves respect, how can we expect the media to.

Matt

It will end when Brees is hoisting up the Lombardi in Miami.

I agree but they'll still be those few yahoos out there who will make up excuses for the lack of respect even then.

West coast teams have been virtually ignored since the end of the 49'ers dynasty. The only reason the 49'ers are getting attention now is that Singletary is an interesting guy and a bit of nostalgia for the way things used to be.

I know that. You are missing my point. Yes they have been ignored since their dynasty, but now that they are 2-0 the media is back on their bandwagon.

I know that. You are missing my point. Yes they have been ignored since their dynasty, but now that they are 2-0 the media is back on their bandwagon.

fair enough. I don't think they are on the bandwagon, just playing the angle of "an up and coming team who are going to surprise people", but that's open for debate.

The Saints were 7-0 in 1991, 7-1 in 1992, and 5-0 in 1993. Unlike the first 2 years, the 1993 team did get a lot of attention. They went into the bye at 5-0. Then the team went to Pittsburgh, got soundly beaten (37-14), and the season went downhill in a hurry. Wade Wilson went from great to awful ... he had something like 7 interceptions returned for touchdowns during that season. Then the fans cheered when he got hurt against the NYG in the Dome, prompting Coach Mora's tirade that the fans were "sick." Mike Buck and Steve Walsh started the last 2 games ... Buck's effort in Philadelphia was "really sick" ... if anyone remembers that. I think he completed 1 pass the entire game (to Brad Muster, of all people). Walsh started in a win against Cincy to end that dreadful season. It only got worse. Six straight losing seasons followed (1994-1999).

The 2009 team will need to win its next 3 games. 2 wins against the NY teams and they'll be on the map. I'd rather see them just "fly under the radar" for as long as possible. I still have nightmares about that 1993 season.

2002 was similar, opening 6-1 and finishing 9-7 and out of the playoffs. I'd agree though, that 1993 season was brutal and that Pittsburgh game the beginning of a long, dismal slide that seemed almost to be prophetic.

if media respect for your football team really makes that much difference to you, ya might want to re-evaluate some of your life choices.....

Why do you care? Isn't a win in and of itself rewarding enough that it doesn't have to be validated by memebers of the national sports media who more than likely didn't watch the game at all?

THIS

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom