When will it end?? (1 Viewer)

2002 was similar, opening 6-1 and finishing 9-7 and out of the playoffs. I'd agree though, that 1993 season was brutal and that Pittsburgh game the beginning of a long, dismal slide that seemed almost to be prophetic.

I remember that 1993 Pittsburgh game well. Dom Capers was the DC at Pittsburgh after leaving the Saints the previous year and he knew how to expose the weaknesses on the Saints offense. After that, it seems, all of the other teams that year used the same blueprint. Mora's teams were never the same. So sad to see so much defensive talent go to waste. Mora was good at coaching up the talent on hand but he did a poor job evaluating talent and never replenished the aging talent left over from Bum and the initial USFL influx of players. No doubt Payton has the Xs and Os covered on offense, can spot good talent (at least offensively), and can coach up his players. In my opinion, the best coach the Saints have ever had.

I don't really care if the media gives us respect, but I am quite sure the other NFL clubs have plenty of respect for us!

Does it really matter what the dumb-a** ESPNs of the world think? Seriously. Keeping a low profile is fine by me because our greatness shines on the field and everyone can keep making excuses for all I care and smooching Mark Sanchez's ***. One day they'll see the error of their ways muuuaaahhahahhhaaa

Actually, talk and hype in 2006 and 2007 of this being "America's Team" made me sick. I was constantly saying "America can't have our team."

It will end when we are 5-0 after beating the Jets and Giants.I promise.

Exactly, that's what it'll take and nothing less. I said this in another thread... it's not gonna happen after this week because Jets is the following week. However, after we SACK New York we will get the respect.

Yeah sure, let's get everyone on the bandwagon for when we finally lose a game, so we can enjoy that week's articles.

You know what worries me more than the respect we're not getting from the media and opposing fans? Basically anything.

How valuable, really, is the respect of idiots?

I would rather have the respect of the other NFL teams. We have it.

I don't care really.........I know it's natural for fans to want nationwide respect, and it's nice, but all I want is a championship.

My thoughts exactly . We have been contenders since 06' and failed in 07' and 08' so I understand the skepticism. You have to put skins on the wall consistantly. This is our year I can feel it. enjoy it fellow who dats its goona be a fun ride.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom