When will people on here realize... THIS ISN'T COLLEGE (1 Viewer)

Maybe its not, but waking up hungover on Sunday and drinking again @ 9 or 10 while gorging myself in great (really bad for you) food is about as close to college as I still get.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

1. It doesn't matter ONE BIT what the media does or doesn't say.

2. In the NFL, A WIN IS A WIN.

3. Consequently, 2-0 is 2-0.

4. You cannot drop in the rankings when you win because the "rankings" DON'T MATTER.

5. You play to win the game, not build a pretty sand castle for the media to oooooh and ahhhhh about all week.

6. Just because we go into Philly and defeat an "injured" Philadelphia team (crossed fingers) without McNabb and Andrews it doesn't mean we are "catching breaks".

Open a can of whoopin, eat some freakin cheesesteaks and head up North, boys. :9:

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thanks Purple.

Its like hearing someone talk bad about your kid or neglecting to say something positive about them. We WANT to hear the media say positive things about the saints. I agree that everyone should let it go.

Well if we don't do well enough against teams with a higher power ranking than us then how are we supposed to get a favorable post season ranking?

Yeah, I don't care much for the power rankings. I would like us to be at 32, and just let people keep thinking our Defense sucks, and we will be an easy win. then go there, and kick the **** out of them. Flying under the radar is a good thing. New England and Pittsburg have HUGE amounts of stress on them because of the rankings.

I don't care anything about power rankings, except as they relate to the success of the Saints. That said, I want to pull my hair out every time I see someone say they want to "fly under the radar" or that they prefer to be the underdog. The only way you get to be the underdog is lose enough for people to think you don't have what it takes to win. To fly under the radar, other teams have to be playing better than you. I want the Saints to be the favorites every time out. I want people to think that the Saints have no shot at losing because they are so danged dominant. Flying under the radar and being the underdog is for losers and I want the Saints to be winners. Damn a bunch of players that don't want the stress that comes with being a champion.

/rant off

I don't care anything about power rankings, except as they relate to the success of the Saints. That said, I want to pull my hair out every time I see someone say they want to "fly under the radar" or that they prefer to be the underdog. The only way you get to be the underdog is lose enough for people to think you don't have what it takes to win. To fly under the radar, other teams have to be playing better than you. I want the Saints to be the favorites every time out. I want people to think that the Saints have no shot at losing because they are so danged dominant. Flying under the radar and being the underdog is for losers and I want the Saints to be winners. Damn a bunch of players that don't want the stress that comes with being a champion.

/rant off
But the Saints play down to their inferior competition!!! :mad:

No but really, I agree wholeheartedly

Until we start playing games every single day, we will all care about the rankings. And we'd probably care about them anyway.

Also, does anyone else notice the huge chip on the shoulder of people from Louisiana? It really shows up in sports with the no respect thing. I find myself doing it all the time. I think it's a learned thing growing up there.

Yeah, I don't care much for the power rankings. I would like us to be at 32, and just let people keep thinking our Defense sucks, and we will be an easy win. then go there, and kick the **** out of them. Flying under the radar is a good thing. New England and Pittsburg have HUGE amounts of stress on them because of the rankings.

No matter what the "Power Rankings" are, do you seriously believe that just because we are not at the top or we are at the bottom of these Power Rankings, that NFL teams look at these to guage a team? They study film all week, game plan countless hours for the team they are about to play. IMO, in today's NFL, you are not flying under any team's radar, maybe the Media's radar, but that does not matter. I can guarantee you the Eagles do not think our defense sucks, they actually look, study, and break down the film. So their success, or lack of success, depends on their/our execution.

I think everyone realizes that, but we are all starved for Saints football during the week. Everyone wants to hear as much as possible about our team. Some feel we deserve more respect. I am in the minority that feels when we make the playoffs year in and year out and win a SB, we will get all the national attention we desire.

I have been told that you have some great post but I cannot ever take my eyes off your avatar to read them....

Sry for the thread jack....

I for one WOULD like to DISAGREE with YOU, sir. Are YOU saying EVERY WIN in the COLLEGE game doesn't COUNT? I think YOU have it BACKWARDS. We could LOSE 5-6 games and STILL get IN TO the PLAYOFFS whereas IN college if you LOSE one GAME your WHOLE season MIGHT be RUINED!

not if you had a playoff system in college. As long as you have polls then yes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom