When will people on here realize... THIS ISN'T COLLEGE (1 Viewer)

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
1. It doesn't matter ONE BIT what the media does or doesn't say.

2. In the NFL, A WIN IS A WIN.

3. Consequently, 2-0 is 2-0.

4. You cannot drop in the rankings when you win because the "rankings" DON'T MATTER.

5. You play to win the game, not build a pretty sand castle for the media to oooooh and ahhhhh about all week.

6. Just because we go into Philly and defeat an "injured" Philadelphia team (crossed fingers) without McNabb and Andrews it doesn't mean we are "catching breaks".

Open a can of whoopin, eat some freakin cheesesteaks and head up North, boys. :9:

Yeah, this isn't THE Overrated State University vs Bowling Green.

When we beat the Lions, everyone was like, "Yeah so what? It's the Lions. Who cares?"

I care, because this is the NFL and EVERY win counts. Those guys are paid to beat us and they DIDN'T.

I'll take EVERY WIN in the NFL and LOVE IT.

I think everyone realizes that, but we are all starved for Saints football during the week. Everyone wants to hear as much as possible about our team. Some feel we deserve more respect. I am in the minority that feels when we make the playoffs year in and year out and win a SB, we will get all the national attention we desire.

1. It doesn't matter ONE BIT what the media does or doesn't say.

I agree as far as the team's success goes, but the media sure seems to play an important role on the individual player's accolades both during their careers and after them.

Yeah, this isn't THE Overrated State University vs Bowling Green.

When we beat the Lions, everyone was like, "Yeah so what? It's the Lions. Who cares?"

I care, because this is the NFL and EVERY win counts. Those guys are paid to beat us and they DIDN'T.

I'll take EVERY WIN in the NFL and LOVE IT.
I for one WOULD like to DISAGREE with YOU, sir. Are YOU saying EVERY WIN in the COLLEGE game doesn't COUNT? I think YOU have it BACKWARDS. We could LOSE 5-6 games and STILL get IN TO the PLAYOFFS whereas IN college if you LOSE one GAME your WHOLE season MIGHT be RUINED!

I think everyone realizes that, but we are all starved for Saints football during the week. Everyone wants to hear as much as possible about our team. Some feel we deserve more respect. I am in the minority that feels when we make the playoffs year in and year out and win a SB, we will get all the national attention we desire.

You may be in the minority, but certainly not alone...

On the same theme, but different application.

It doesn't matter who the starter is. The non-starter can have just as many plays, carries, catches as the starter. If A starts B is not less important or losing touches, plays, etc.

I for one WOULD like to DISAGREE with YOU, sir. Are YOU saying EVERY WIN in the COLLEGE game doesn't COUNT? I think YOU have it BACKWARDS. We could LOSE 5-6 games and STILL get IN TO the PLAYOFFS whereas IN college if you LOSE one GAME your WHOLE season MIGHT be RUINED!

Well, then explain to me how it is that a college team can be ranked #2 in the nation, win its next game but when the NEXT rankings come out, find themselves ranked #3.; thereby dropping a spot AFTER a win?

My point is, quality of opponents factor into the college ranking decisions, where in the NFL, it does not.. So sometimes a win in college football, if against a vastly inferior opponent, can be like a loss and count AGAINST you.

This EXACT scenario has happened by the way. And that #3 team missed out on it's chance at a National Title.

Edit: For years the 49ers secured favorable playoff seeding with not just a little help of feasting off of an incredibly weak divisional schedule (the Saints, Rams and Falcons were terrible for seemingly interminable stretches). But in the NFL, whether you beat the last year's 0-16 Lions or Superbowl runner up Cards, after week 1 your record is 1-0.

Also, I have seen teams in college be 0-1 and still be ranked higher than teams with 1-0 or even 2-0 records.

Last edited:
If anyone gets upset or even argumentative about power rankings, they need to step away from the computer and walk outside to get some fresh air.

As long as SDT has been by that day that is:hihi:

The only way I would care about rankings is if it were a fact that every team that was power-ranked #1 consistently also won the Superbowl.

Yeah, I don't care much for the power rankings. I would like us to be at 32, and just let people keep thinking our Defense sucks, and we will be an easy win. then go there, and kick the **** out of them. Flying under the radar is a good thing. New England and Pittsburg have HUGE amounts of stress on them because of the rankings.

If anyone gets upset or even argumentative about power rankings, they need to step away from the computer and walk outside to get some fresh air.

As long as SDT has been by that day that is:hihi:

I dunno. I think it's good we get upset over bad rankings. We compete to show dominance and earn respect (among other things). Power rankings give that (though to a MUCH lesser degree than a SB win). It's human to want the media to like us and show us some dap. It doesn't get us any closer to a Super Bowl...it's like getting a snack when you are starving. It's not enough...but it's better than nothing.

And just like with any group, adversity only makes us stronger. The media dumping on the Saints and us getting worked up over it only leads to us being more passionate for our team and our fellow SR.com members for venting with us.

AND all the adversity will just make it all the sweeter when we bring home the trophy. :9:

If you think about it, the rankings have to start the season out similar to how it ended the previous year (for the most part), and thus complete conjecture on the part of the analysts. After that, even then there will still be bias for teams who have been consistently better year-in and year-out me thinks. We just need to chug along like good little choo-choo trains and keep putting "W's" in the game results column.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom