When will the NFL learn from the NBA and stop testing for Marijuana? (1 Viewer)

i'm not sure how that negates what i posted??
You find it hard to fathom how they’re going to reverse a decline?? .....There really is no decline, and even if there was one, it’s certainly not enough for the NBA to approach the NFL's level of popularity, ever

Last edited:
I'm against legalization as a general rule. There's a study out this month citing a sharp rise in car crashes in areas after they legalize, not saying that THC and CBD don't have medical benefits, just saying more research needs to be done...

Got a cite/link for “there’s a study”?

As we all know, the NBA is gaining market share not just in the USA, but around the globe.

With as many legitimate criminals in the NFL as there are, such as Arron Gonzalez (RIP), Michael Vick, and Donte Stallworths, why don't we as fans aspire for our league to be as clean cut as the NBA?

Also if we could leave Zion "literally Shawn Kemp" Williamsons out of this , I'd appreciate it. We have a Pelicans board to talk about whether or not we'll finish 4th or 5th in the division for the next four years.

Let's please have a legitimate discussion here boys.

First of all are you meaning Aaron Hernandez?

Second of all this post makes no sense with the title, and really sucks if im being honest

You have a lot of growing up to do. Your judgment and outlook on other human beings is just plain ignorant. Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone is a bad person.

It's just really judgmental and in poor taste. Especially when you start talking about someone who has passed away, who clearly had a mental illness.

Thas not an excuse for what he did but none of us here knew him. We dont know what he and or his familly went through

Jay Glazer and others have already said its expected for the league to back down on marijuana testing in the next CBA.

Also, the growth of the NBA is being tremendously overstated. There is real reason to believe their viewership growth (which even at it's best in this era was still far off the peak of the 90s) peaked about two years ago and is now in a plateau/decline phase. And there were five or six regular season NFL games last season that did bigger number than the NBA finals They're not comprabable.

Thank you....

I try to tell people this all the time

You find it hard to fathom how they’re going to reverse a decline?? .....There really is no decline, and even if there was one, it’s certainly not enough for the NBA to approach the NFL's level of popularity, ever
I said their ratings are a product of accessibility on free tv platforms and appointment viewing
Both of those are in steep decline across ‘tv’ viewing as a whole
I do see what football is doing (aside from lackluster experiments with twitter et al) to adjust to the new media consumption dynamic
Nor do I see how they intend to adjust to the loss of their aging demographic

First of all are you meaning Aaron Hernandez?

Second of all this post makes no sense with the title, and really sucks if im being honest

You have a lot of growing up to do. Your judgment and outlook on other human beings is just plain ignorant. Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone is a bad person.

It's just really judgmental and in poor taste. Especially when you start talking about someone who has passed away, who clearly had a mental illness.

Thas not an excuse for what he did but none of us here knew him. We dont know what he and or his familly went through

Calm down I said (RIP) in my post. T&P.

I'm against legalization as a general rule. There's a study out this month citing a sharp rise in car crashes in areas after they legalize, not saying that THC and CBD don't have medical benefits, just saying more research needs to be done...
Did you actually read the "report"? Other than the TINY sample of the stats (based on assumptions that have NEVER been able to be scientifically quantified) it stated that texting & cell phones(even "hands free") are a MUCH greater problem & has a higher incident rate of accidents. It also counted the drivers that were over the BAC(w/out distinguishing).

If 10's of THOUSANDS of years & DECADES of research (here & MUCH abroad) hasn't been enough, what else do YOU need?
The biggest failing of the whole movement is interference by big pharma, govt & media!
Pharma companies do not want cannabis legal! They operate on a principal of isolation of 1 PATENT-ABLE ingredient & chemically replicate it in isolation. The synergistic effect of the 100's of active ingredients in cannabis(which is currently being genetically selected for specific affect), is what makes it more effective.
Govt only wants another "sin tax". Hard to really tax a persons garden, but make them buy from a state sponsored/regulated facility tout a big $ increase for _____. Isn't that better? Who cares that cannabis is the ONLY MEDICINE that is taxed? Sick people should just die & save us the $$ of treatment.
The media? What sells better; concise, accurate scientific reporting, the fearmongering marijuana menace or giggly weed/pot jokes?

It is amazing the editorial slant that is thrown around to incite rather than elucidate. Even more amazing is the proliferation of misinformation to fit a preconceived notion.

In a reply to the question asked in the thread title. HOPEFULLY NEVER!

Hopefully they do get rid of testing for weed. 13 states, states where the Seagulls, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, 49ers, Rams, Patriots, Redskins and Lions play are all legal recreational. New York has decriminalized personal usage.

Come on NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom