When will The Saints sign Drew Brees or will they? (1 Viewer)

SaintsmanJim

Rookie
Reaction score
My question is this when will they sign Drew Bress or will they? Are they just going to let him sit for a year or are they going to pay the man and get this thing done. With everything else going on he needs to be signed yesterday.:banghead:

GEAUX SAINTS

GOODELL SUX

The Saintsman Jim

deltadawg

All-Pro
Reaction score
My question is how can they sign him when our cap ceiling has been reached this year? In Loomis I Trust!!!!!

TulsaSaint

Sem medo de ser feliz
Reaction score
Actually, we all know the answer to all your questions. We are all friends with janitors, and they've told all of us whether Brees will play under the franchise tag or whether we'll sign him to a long-term deal before the season. They've also told us whether he's going to sit for a year or whether the team is going to pay the man and get this thing done.

But none of us are telling you.

DomeDude

Huh ?
Reaction score
Signing a long term contract and sitting out are not the two only options. He could always still play under the franchise tag. Id like to see him get a long term deal so we dont have to revisit this next year, but I wouldnt rule out him signing his tender and getting to work.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
I'm curious if Brees is willing to miss OTAs so that he can get a little more leverage. I would have to think so.

Loomis may well be happy to string out Brees until close to training camp. I'd say that nothing with this deal happens until the last possible minute. Condon and Loomis don't really lose anything by waiting and applying their respective leverages.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Signing a long term contract and sitting out are not the two only options. He could always still play under the franchise tag. Id like to see him get a long term deal so we dont have to revisit this next year, but I wouldnt rule out him signing his tender and getting to work.
I think this is close to an impossibility. Maybe if his holdout extends into the regular season ... but I would hope by that Loomis gives in long before that.

chank

Cajun Power!!!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I wish they'd just give him the long term contract. However, I say this realizing that I have absolutely no idea how all of this contract stuff operates. I'm just a fan and want our QB.

Boiler Jim

Saint Boilermaker
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You missed the point....

I'm curious if Brees is willing to miss OTAs so that he can get a little more leverage. I would have to think so.

Loomis may well be happy to string out Brees until close to training camp. I'd say that nothing with this deal happens until the last possible minute. Condon and Loomis don't really lose anything by waiting and applying their respective leverages.
He would sit out OTAs to avoid the risk of injury... and the resulting immense loss of income. He does not need to do it to gain leverage.

Fiyo

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
My guess is both sides are waiting for other key signings, cuts and contract restructuring (I think Vilma will be back at a cheaper price) and then they'll work it out ... Loomis has done a great enough job so far this offseason that I still believe!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Saints add depth at LB, sign vet free agent Nigel Bradham SR News Page Articles 0
CSC Podcast: Saints Sign Bradham, Fowler and Waive Ten Players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Unsurprisingly, Saints aren't an odds-on favorite to sign Antonio Brown SR News Page Articles 0
Saints' Marcus Williams isn't being shy about where he must get better Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Projecting the Saints 53-man Roster: Cornerback SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Johnson Bademosi passes physical, activated from Saints PUP list SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus All-Pro Saints returner Deonte Harris placed on reserve/COVID-19 list SR News Page Articles 0
Saints training camp: Here's what to expect, how to follow updates as practices kick off Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints look unbeatable in their preseason opener Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints standout Deonte Harris placed on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Saints record low turnovers in 2019 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saints CB Johnson Bademosi passes physical, removed from physically unable to perform list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place All-Pro returner Deonte Harris on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Von Miller hoping to cause chaos for the Saints in Week 12 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints' Jared Cook learns from last year's plays that 'haunt' him SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Three bold Saints predictions for 2020: New Orleans finally makes it back to the Super Bowl SR News Page Articles 0
Saints, NFL fans root for Teddy Bridgewater, even in an enemy uniform. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints & Media Tweets / Training Camp Notes -- Friday 8/14 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
Dan in Lafayette An Early Ruling From Sean Payton Prepared the Saints for Their Remote Offseason SR News Page Articles 0
Interview: Torrance Small talks Saints on 106.1 FM Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Projecting the Saints 53 Man Roster: Offensive Guards SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Projecting the Week 1 Saints starters on defense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Tommy Stevens to attempt new position with Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Jared Cook's early impressions of Saints rookie TE Adam Trautman? He's 'doing a great job' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Tommy Stevens is a TE now. Jared Cook sees 'a lot of improvement' early in his transition Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Why the Saints and Jared Cook are hopeful for a faster start in Year 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
George Kittle's new contract is 'huge for tight ends,' Saints TE Jared Cook says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Alex Anzalone eyes on-field return with New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Bayou Blitz Podcast: Saints Training Camp, Week 2 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus First glimpse of former Tennessee WR Marquez Callaway in New Orleans Saints uniform SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Can you imagine a near-empty Superdome for Saints games? Drew Brees finds it difficult SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport on Cam Jordan Motivation | Saints Training Camp 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints safety Marcus Williams seeks to improve tackling, focuses on Super Bowl quest in contract year Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Williams on Saints DBs, Jared Cook | Saints Training Camp 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Jared Cook on Year 2 w/ Drew Brees at 2020 Saints Training Camp SR News Page Articles 0
Rex Chapman Foundation to donate $20,000 to greater New Orleans area through Pelicans & Saints Social Justice Leadership Alliance Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints’ stacked veteran roster reflected in low ‘under-25-talent’ ESPN ranking Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Summed7 An Early Ruling From Sean Payton Prepared the Saints for Their Remote Offseason TheRinger.com article Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
The Saints defense wants to be top five in 2020 and why it can be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints list rookie Tommy Stevens as a tight end, not a quarterback Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 13: Saints quarterback gets new position and more on Alvin Kamara’s injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints & Media Tweets / Training Camp Notes -- Thursday 8/13 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 114
Andrus Sean Payton feeling good about Saints rookies, team conditioning Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Andrus Saints rookie QB Tommy Stevens assigned new position, jersey number SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints announce no fans for season opener against Buccaneers SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: No fans, silent Superdome for Saints opener another reminder of weird 2020 season ahead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints officially announce Week 1 2020 home opener will be played without fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints won’t have fans in stands for Tom Brady’s Bucs debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to play season opener against Buccaneers without fans, team announces Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints’ first regular season home game vs. Bucs to be played without fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0