When will The Saints sign Drew Brees or will they? (1 Viewer)

SaintsmanJim

Rookie
Reaction score
My question is this when will they sign Drew Bress or will they? Are they just going to let him sit for a year or are they going to pay the man and get this thing done. With everything else going on he needs to be signed yesterday.:banghead:

GEAUX SAINTS

GOODELL SUX

The Saintsman Jim

deltadawg

All-Pro
Reaction score
My question is how can they sign him when our cap ceiling has been reached this year? In Loomis I Trust!!!!!

TulsaSaint

Sem medo de ser feliz
Reaction score
Actually, we all know the answer to all your questions. We are all friends with janitors, and they've told all of us whether Brees will play under the franchise tag or whether we'll sign him to a long-term deal before the season. They've also told us whether he's going to sit for a year or whether the team is going to pay the man and get this thing done.

But none of us are telling you.

DomeDude

Huh ?
Reaction score
Signing a long term contract and sitting out are not the two only options. He could always still play under the franchise tag. Id like to see him get a long term deal so we dont have to revisit this next year, but I wouldnt rule out him signing his tender and getting to work.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
I'm curious if Brees is willing to miss OTAs so that he can get a little more leverage. I would have to think so.

Loomis may well be happy to string out Brees until close to training camp. I'd say that nothing with this deal happens until the last possible minute. Condon and Loomis don't really lose anything by waiting and applying their respective leverages.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Signing a long term contract and sitting out are not the two only options. He could always still play under the franchise tag. Id like to see him get a long term deal so we dont have to revisit this next year, but I wouldnt rule out him signing his tender and getting to work.
I think this is close to an impossibility. Maybe if his holdout extends into the regular season ... but I would hope by that Loomis gives in long before that.

chank

Cajun Power!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wish they'd just give him the long term contract. However, I say this realizing that I have absolutely no idea how all of this contract stuff operates. I'm just a fan and want our QB.

Boiler Jim

Saint Boilermaker
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You missed the point....

I'm curious if Brees is willing to miss OTAs so that he can get a little more leverage. I would have to think so.

Loomis may well be happy to string out Brees until close to training camp. I'd say that nothing with this deal happens until the last possible minute. Condon and Loomis don't really lose anything by waiting and applying their respective leverages.
He would sit out OTAs to avoid the risk of injury... and the resulting immense loss of income. He does not need to do it to gain leverage.

Fiyo

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
My guess is both sides are waiting for other key signings, cuts and contract restructuring (I think Vilma will be back at a cheaper price) and then they'll work it out ... Loomis has done a great enough job so far this offseason that I still believe!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Twitter

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom