When you couldn't think the dynamics of College Football couldn't get any more crazy.... (1 Viewer)

Its now officially a 2 conference league. Im sure Clemson will leave the ACC. The Pac 12 Big 12, ACC no longer matter.

And they have all just been side stage acts to the playoff for a while now.

Everything has been just another bowl game for a few decades.
The Rose Bowl single handedly held back CFP concept for years. They still hold sway with the format because of their refusal to change. UCLA and SC won't be the last teams to leave the PAC 12, which will effectively end the PAC 12. Once that's done, the annual PAC 12/B1G game is done which removes a major PITA for college football organizing.

Guessing new CFP format 10 years from now top 2 teams from SEC and BIG 10 get automatic bids to playoffs

Watching college football will end for me. I won't support a 2 league system.
College football used to be great. Now it's a joke.

Watching college football will end for me. I won't support a 2 league system.
College football used to be great. Now it's a joke.
I actually think it’s the opposite.
I always thought the weakness of cfb was how many cupcake games were on a school’s schedule.
Super conferences basically eliminates that.

I actually think it’s the opposite.
I always thought the weakness of cfb was how many cupcake games were on a school’s schedule.
Super conferences basically eliminates that.
So what happens to the left over pac 12, big 12, and acc teams?
Teams like Maryland, Rutgers, Vandy, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Nebraska, Missouri etc etc have historical poor football. But yet they're included in a possible two power conference scenario. Yet teams like Oklahoma state, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, WVU, Baylor, Utah are all probably better programs historically than the ones mentioned above .
SEC and Big Ten fans don't see the ramifications this may cause .
I for one know I won't follow WVU if they never have a shot at a possible title . It can't be two conferences only.
That would crush universities all around the country .

So what happens to the left over pac 12, big 12, and acc teams?
Teams like Maryland, Rutgers, Vandy, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Nebraska, Missouri etc etc have historical poor football. But yet they're included in a possible two power conference scenario. Yet teams like Oklahoma state, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, WVU, Baylor, Utah are all probably better programs historically than the ones mentioned above .
SEC and Big Ten fans don't see the ramifications this may cause .
I for one know I won't follow WVU if they never have a shot at a possible title . It can't be two conferences only.
That would crush universities all around the country .
Create a new subdivision where those schools actually have a chance to win a national title against schools on their level.

It's just a matter of time before some ACC schools get poached. Probably FSU, Clemson, UVA, and UNC. Maybe even Miami and VT
If I were the big 12 and pac 12, I'd join together, add the left over ACC schools and be bigger than both the big ten and sec. Basically throw a wrench in all of it just to screw with Fox and ESPN . Maybe Amazon joins the party and gets the tv rights for the 3 conference conglomerate that would be priceless

It's just a matter of time before some ACC schools get poached. Probably FSU, Clemson, UVA, and UNC. Maybe even Miami and VT
If I were the big 12 and pac 12, I'd join together, add the left over ACC schools and be bigger than both the big ten and sec. Basically throw a wrench in all of it just to screw with Fox and ESPN . Maybe Amazon joins the party and gets the tv rights for the 3 conference conglomerate that would be priceless
They can. The Pac 12 is renegotiating their TV deal, but it won’t be much without USC.
There is no way the leftovers from the pac 12 and Big 12 overtake the new Big 10 and SEC.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom