When you meet a stranger that's also a WhoDat... (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
...they instantly become a friend.

I don't know how many times this has happened: From overseas while in the military, Virginia, Wisconsin, N. Carolina, Florida, TX, Cali., etc...

I even have folks roll their window down whenever I see a Fleur de lis, or LSU on their window/bumper, and I then shout "WhoDat!" Always delivers mutual smiles! :ezbill:

Recently met a guy with a Saints t-shirt in a store. As I passed by him I said: "WhoDat!" He gave a wide grin, and said "WhoDat!" Conversation started on the right foot, and the rest took care of itself.

I also make it a point to inform them about SR.com. Some were not aware.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a cool story.

:gosaints:

I ALWAYS greet WHO-DAT and LSU fans and anyone from Louisiana. I am from Louisiana and now live in Florida. I was on vacation in the mountains of Tenn and was on top of the Smokey Mountain road and stopped to take pic of the mountains and there in front of me was a car with Louisiana tags. I went over and knocked on the window and the guy driving rolled down his window and I said, "ARE YOU A WHO-DAT" and he said , "WHO-DAT FOR LIFE".

Well up here in the part of canada I live there are very few saints fans I did meet one person he is the manager of the Boston pizza in my city but not sure if a saints fan or a brees fan in any case he still hasn't given me a dicount when I wear saints gear in there. WHO DAT!!!!

The only caveat is that the stranger might have banned from this site. Around here, it is very rare to see someone in Saints gear, but I know someone from nearby was banned, so it's something I keep in mind. I did see someone in Saints wear in a very popular restaurant once and was reluctant to say anything. That was when this site was much smaller, so the odds are that this is less of a problem nowadays.

Its the best. I've been out of state for dang near a decade and its always cool to bump into other fans. Even when i travel for away games, its cool to meet fellow fans at restuarants and stuff those few days before the game. Always have a hat, shirt or something repping black and gold

I'll give someone wearing Saints gear here in TN a WHO-DAT, but most often it's returned by a puzzled look. It's comical.

IN a convenience store in upstate Pennsylvania.

BREES license plate in downstate rural Delaware.

It's just awesome.

Met a bartender in Connecticut that was a big Saints fan and he came over to my table because I had a Saints hoodie on. Moved to the bar soon after and became a repeat customer.

Also, while in Nola a few years ago, my wife and I planned on bar hopping but I made a comment to a guy with a "who Dad" shirt on. We didn't go to another bar all night and the night was a blur at best.

Met a bartender in Connecticut that was a big Saints fan and he came over to my table because I had a Saints hoodie on. Moved to the bar soon after and became a repeat customer.

Also, while in Nola a few years ago, my wife and I planned on bar hopping but I made a comment to a guy with a "who Dad" shirt on. We didn't go to another bar all night and the night was a blur at best.
"who dad" lmao. That's funny.

I was in Cleveland for a road game a few years ago and walked pass a guy in Saints' gear. I gave him a "Who Dat" to which he replied, "Thank you. Same to you."

����

When I see someone with Saints gear on, I also give them a Who Dat comment! Most of the time, I get a rawdy Who Dat back at me. It is great!

One time here in Zeeland Michigan , I was visiting this company that we were looking at doing business with. I had never met any of these people and sat down to open my portfolio to take notes of the meeting. When I opened my portfolio, this guy sitting across from me who happened to be their GM yelled Who Dat to me! I automatically yelled it back! I forgot I had a Saints stickers inside my portfolio! Needless to say that the meeting went very well.

...they instantly become a friend.

I don't know how many times this has happened: From overseas while in the military, Virginia, Wisconsin, N. Carolina, Florida, TX, Cali., etc...

I even have folks roll their window down whenever I see a Fleur de lis, or LSU on their window/bumper, and I then shout "WhoDat!" Always delivers mutual smiles! :ezbill:

Recently met a guy with a Saints t-shirt in a store. As I passed by him I said: "WhoDat!" He gave a wide grin, and said "WhoDat!" Conversation started on the right foot, and the rest took care of itself.

I also make it a point to inform them about SR.com. Some were not aware.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a cool story.

:gosaints:

Good offseason thread ndcc. With me, regardless of where I am, the minute I see Saints logo or clothes it's an immediate "Who Dat!" 90% of the times, I get a Who Dat back and a smile. The other times, I just get a big smile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom