Where’s the Honey Badger gone? (1 Viewer)

This defense has played well enough to win with last year 30th rank offense. This year offense is worse. They can’t run, can’t pass, can’t get first downs, can’t score, and they average 3 turnovers a game.
Ok there NewOrleans Fan are you placing this mediocre performance on the players, or the coaches. They run the play thats called end of story. Today Winston did audible out of a few of the pre-set plays and was moderately successful. This display on both sides of the ball is poor coaching.Period. I really care for DA as a defensive coordinator. He got lucky in Denver and diddly poo in Oakland. It appears that diddly poo has followed him as a head coach. Pete Carmichael appears to have no feel for the game. Payton ran plays during his time to set up other plays. The defense appears to be focus on the pass and teams are gashing us right up middle. Onyemata, Tuttle, Davenport and what has happened to Jordan. 3 games into the season all is not lost. This has got to stop, and that's what the coaches are here for. Of course we should be use to bad officiating, except no way they would have allowed Rodgers, Herbert, Allen, Brady, Jones and whomever they consider to be a meal ticket to take the beating that Winston took today against the Panthers.

Ok there NewOrleans Fan are you placing this mediocre performance on the players, or the coaches. They run the play thats called end of story. Today Winston did audible out of a few of the pre-set plays and was moderately successful. This display on both sides of the ball is poor coaching.Period. I really care for DA as a defensive coordinator. He got lucky in Denver and diddly poo in Oakland. It appears that diddly poo has followed him as a head coach. Pete Carmichael appears to have no feel for the game. Payton ran plays during his time to set up other plays. The defense appears to be focus on the pass and teams are gashing us right up middle. Onyemata, Tuttle, Davenport and what has happened to Jordan. 3 games into the season all is not lost. This has got to stop, and that's what the coaches are here for. Of course we should be use to bad officiating, except no way they would have allowed Rodgers, Herbert, Allen, Brady, Jones and whomever they consider to be a meal ticket to take the beating that Winston took today against the Panthers.
It is the coaching staff. Payton’s team was great at playing situational football. This team doesn’t have that.

He made a business decision on that long TD...can't really fault him...I mean you can If you want to but dude got absolutely trucked in week 1 by Patterson....then last week against Tampa...I think I saw his soul leave his body when Fournette ran over him.

He also made a business decision on a potential tackle against Patterson.

I was super excited to see Tyrann Mathieu come home. But three games in the only big play I can really recall him being involved with was his outright whiff on Carolina’s long pass TD. That was a blown tackle worthy of Marcus Williams! I‘m starting to think those retirement rumors during camp might have had some truth to them. He looks washed out there…
Did you see that embarrassing whiff on the long back breaking TD?

Yeah he's done. Unfortunately you make moves for players that have historically been very good and very impactful players but they fall off a cliff and you wonder what the heck happened with this player?

That's most likely the case with Honey Badger.

But hey we still have CGJ! Oh wait ...

Maybe he's gone to whatever oubliette the pass rush has gone.

But really..can you name more than 5 plays total in the 3 games where the defense has given big plays?
Yep… when you can’t give up a single play because the offense can’t make it up, every play you give up seems huge…

Part of being a great defense is having a complimentary offense that keep you off the field and scores enough points that you can take a few chances.

He was never a great tackler. We need to get a lead for him to shine. Which ain’t happening with this offense at the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom