Where’s the pass rush? Who’s at fault? Interesting numbers here: (1 Viewer)

I think it's a combination of play calls and execution. Calling Cam Jordan!! I would love to see him Climb the ladder 🪜 Next Sunday! Davenport and Turner going down also isn't helpful either they put really pressure on the QB it may not show up as a sack but they definitely disrupt plays

Yeah… it was just one play, but that’s the risk. The Saints clearly didn’t fear Heinicke’s running ability as much as Daniels Jones’
That was weird. Jones is also known as an athletic running QB. He paid the price in the Dallas game. He got clocked trying to run it in to the end zone head first.

The Saints need another viable RB that can not only spell Kamara as a rusher, but also do so effectively. Murray had the ability the last couple years, but he’s gone…
Jones Jr. flashed in the preseason, but he didn’t do much to start the season, and then he went to IR.

Ozigbo is a total unknown, but he didn’t even get a single touch last week… that’s a bit of a disappointment.

I like to see the Saints explore some more RB options during the BYE week, and maybe bring in someone to really push and test TJJ. A 2nd RB is a need.

Lots of folks have mentioned calling up the Texans and trying to get Ingram back here… but he’s their starter… I say call Houston and go for Phillip Lindsay or Rex Burkhead.. either would make nice compliments to AK41 IMO.
Yep. If you were to ask me what position has me concerned the most right now, Id say it’s at RB. I dunno the extent of TJJs injury, but hopefully we get him back sooner than later. ( Update, I jus read where he may be out 3-4 weeks).

I thought we would see a lil more of Washington, but he’s only played very sparingly.

But don’t count Ozigbo out juus yet. The Saints had jus plucked him off the Jags PS on October 6. So he was probably nowhere near ready to play in only 3 days. But by rule, whenever you take a player off of another teams PS, they must go directly to the 53 man roster.

I remember that the Saints really liked him as a UDFA in 2019. He had good size n speed, showed some nice soft hands, n the ability to block in pass pro. The team was gonna try to stash him on the PS, but the Jags ended up signing him.

The good news is the bye will give him a chance to get up to speed enough to where he can get a package of plays n could see the field against SEA.

Wish him all the best!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Sure we could've. We chose to afford other players instead. I'd be interested to know the last time a 26 year old 13.5 sack guy was allowed to leave a team in FA. I'm going to be it's been a long time because they usually get prioritized.
He was no more reliable than Davenport, up until his 13.5 sack season. His only healthy season I can remember. Let's check back at the end of the season and see about his health, before we start lamenting the loss of an oft injured one season wonder. You may be right, but I can see why the Saints did what they did.

He was no more reliable than Davenport, up until his 13.5 sack season. His only healthy season I can remember. Let's check back at the end of the season and see about his health, before we start lamenting the loss of an oft injured one season wonder. You may be right, but I can see why the Saints did what they did.

One season wonder? He has 4.5 sacks so far this year.

Then we would've lost MW....Hendrickson was expendable because we had Cam and Davenport...sucks to see him go but I'd rather lose a redundant standout, than loose someone who we had no plan B for on the roster.

And don’t forget we have granderson. That’s the line from last year. None of them are producing for us. I love cam but he lost a step last year…and he didn’t get it back this year. Davenport could be great if he could stay on the field. He can’t. Hopefully Payton turner pans out.

Well at least he played 1 full season. How many full seasons has Davenport played? Yep, no comparison. Just hoping. Give me a break. Davenport will not even finish this season. The ONLY reason Dav boy is on the team, is because the Saints gave up so much to move up and draft him. They do not want to lose face with him. So instead they cut one of the NFL sack leaders. Makes perfect sense.

BTW. TRex already has 4.5 sacks in 5 weeks! Checkmate.

I hear a lot of moaning that we shouldn’t have let Trey H walk, but don’t see who else we should have let walk instead - Ramczyk or Lattimore or Williams? The price to tag a DE is about $16M? We had to cut like $100M to meet the salary cap. Trey signed for 4 years $60M. Something had to give.

I’m very happy locking in Ram and Latt instead of Trey and wish him success in Cincinnati.

It hurt to let Rankins go, too, but hard choices had to be made.

Last edited:
Well at least he played 1 full season. How many full seasons has Davenport played? Yep, no comparison. Just hoping. Give me a break. Davenport will not even finish this season. The ONLY reason Dav boy is on the team, is because the Saints gave up so much to move up and draft him. They do not want to lose face with him. So instead they cut one of the NFL sack leaders. Makes perfect sense.

Checkmate what? You seem to be little too emotionally involved in Greg and I's conversation. Thanks for the Davenport history lesson, but I already posted as much. This conversation wasn't about whether Davenport was a better option than Hedrickson. Neither, were really good options for us going forward, for different reasons. But, the saints keeping the (under contract) younger option with 2 very oft injured players. I can understand why they didn't want to open up the bank for a one yr wonder looking for a new contract and went with Davenport (that they would have a better chance of renegotiating down later.) We could not keep both and Sean went with the Davenport because of our lack of cap $$$$ to pay Hendrickson. Now, Hendrickson will be their "Davenport" for the Bengals. Lets let it play out and see what kind of mileage the Bengals get out of him for 15 mill a yr.

Current Contract
Trey Hendrickson signed a 4 year, $60,000,000 contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $16,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/trey-hendrickson-21845/

Obviously, the Saints organization disagrees with you, they picked up his 5th year at a pretty hefty price... But yea, his health is an issue but other then that, he is a very good player.

Easy we’re missing our two best dline man. Hate to say it but davenport is our best DE now. Cam is still an overall good de but not great at getting consistent pressure anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom